Yamaha areox 100 better acceleration

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by JordP1996, Jun 24, 2019.

1. JordP1996

JordP1996 New Member

Hey all I'm new here to the forum, I have a few questions to ask and hopefully you guys can help. I currently own a yamaha areox 100.

I've noticed that from 0 to 40mph the acceleration is ridiculous slow, so I was wondering what I could do to make this alot better for acceleration wise.

also are there any restrictions on the bike from factory what I need to know about?

the bike is fully original, but I'm looking for that extra bit of acceleration.

help will be much appreciated:)

Thanks Jordan

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Change your CDI..!.

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Lighter rollers.

4. JordP1996

JordP1996 New Member

what size rollers would you recommend mate? also would a race exhaust improve acceleration?

Thanks

5. JordP1996

JordP1996 New Member

what Cdi would you recommend I get pal?

Thanks

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

A performance exhaust will make the bike a whole lot better.
    Sometimes the exhaust comes with rollers too.

7. JordP1996

JordP1996 New Member

it'll be the Technigas exhaust I'll be getting as that's the only one they do for the 100, I've read that people recommend 6g rollers with this exhaust. which size mm rollers do I need as there are different sizes?

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I have no idea, same size as what's in there now.

9. JordP1996

JordP1996 New Member

ok mate I'll have to give them a check when I can.

Thanks for the help though guys:)

10. Kamikaze

Kamikaze New Member

Rides:
    NECO GPX 50 LC
    I agree with what's already been stated above, defo need to change cdi and get yourself a pipe but remember the pipe will come with a restricter in it so will have to be removed. It will be inside the end of the pipe where it connects to the cylinder and held in by two little spot welds. Get a small grinding stone drill bit and grind down the welds until you can pull the restricter out. Obviously take your time and be careful not to damage the pipe. With the cdi and pipe you should be moving a bit quicker but if still not right that is when I would approach the variator. You may also find that you might need to upjet the carb but do it all one step at a time until you get your desired effect. Happy tuning.

scubabiker likes this.
  11. Pete132

Pete132 New Member

Hi I have a aerox 100 and in standard trim they quicker than 50cc but for cc are a little slow not to worrie dont change csis 100cc no rev limit and only one race cdi out there and its expensive lighter rollers will help with low end problem with the 100cc is if you want real power u need a good big bore kit I have a 9 port MHR copy full alloy and it pumps out 18hp but that's with good pipe and carb inlet set up but my aerox 100cc blows italjet formula 125cc and keeps up with a 172cc to 100km and I need bigger pipe and gear kit then it will really run hard so dont let people tell u that aerox 100cc are shit there not I run a 30mm pwk but want a muki 35mm but I forgot my motor is stroked as well it's a 132cc so lot of work but it didnt cost as much as u think