Yamaha Aerox won’t start

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Brandon010303, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Brandon010303

Brandon010303 New Member

hello could someone help me, I’ve recently had a 70 kit put into my aerox and various other modifications, I was riding (sticking to 30) as I’m still running the engine in and it cuts out on me with two pops, since then I’ve changed the spark plug and ht cap, It started for about 3 seconds and then died again I’ve tried everything but there doesn’t seem to be enough fuel getting to the carb when I kicked it so I replaced the reeds but still no luck I’ve tried two carbs but it’s still the same by not getting any fuel to the engine, could anyone help, thank you

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Compression?

3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

If the plug is staying dry after cranking and cranking then either you have no compression or a faulty fuel tap or the carb float is sticking closed.
    If the plug is soaking wet after cranking but not starting, then it's compression (lack of) or a bad plug

4. Brandon010303

Brandon010303 New Member

Thank you, I’ve replaced the spark plug and there is good spark, but there is loads of compression, when I kick the bike over fuel doesn’t come from the tank into the carb any thoughts

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

How much is loads of compression?

6. Brandon010303

Brandon010303 New Member

I take the spark plug out and put something in the end and kick it, it would shoot out with lots of power and if you put your finger over the hole it would blow it off

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

oh god, we got another one........
    I shall write this in capitals for you

YOU CAN'T TEST COMPRESSION WITH YOUR FINGER!!!!!!!

Beg borrow but don't steal a proper compression tester.
    10psi will blow your finger off the plug hole. Your scooter needs at least 100psi to work

scubabiker likes this.
  8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

The worst is "I can feel the compression on the kick starter"....