Yamaha Aerox Acceleration Problem

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Luke Farmer, May 27, 2017.

1. Luke Farmer

Luke Farmer New Member

Hi all,

I have a Yamaha aerox with a stage 6 exhaust, 80main jet and recently just fitted a polini variator, polini belt and 6.9g roller but not yet put the spring in the clutch as don't have the socket set at the moment. Before I put the variator in it was a fast ped went about 50-55mph, now it takes ages for it to kicking and don't accelerate it takes ages going from 0-35mph and no faster need help thanks

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    6.9 gram rollers a bit heavy ,

what rollers did you have installed before the variator upgrade around 5g ? if so pop them in and you will see that low end pep come back. its those near on 7g rollers thats holding back the power.

see your pipe makes its power fairly high on rpm and your heavy rollers are not allowing the engine to be around that peak area when your pulling away so your not harnessing the powerband spread the exhaust gives you and that means your pull away speed is suffering, then when you get to 35mph the pipes power cuts in and your speed increases , BUT if your rollers are to heavy the variator could have already reached its max and wont open any more so your belts not riding up so high as it used to.

when you get the chance get that rear contrast spring fitted to that will help on the low to high ratio change when your on and off the throttle

3. Luke Farmer

Luke Farmer New Member

Alright thanks I will be put the spring in on Tuesday and what rollers do u suggest as I had standard rollers in before

4. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    try 5g rollers to start with and dont go below 4g

5. Luke Farmer

Luke Farmer New Member

Alr
    alright thanks

6. Luke Farmer

Luke Farmer New Member

Hi do I put the rollers in as they are now or do I put the shells on on the right side as there are rollers already inside I think ?

Attached Files:

7. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    shells on, then pop them into variator. the shells are protection for the rollers the outer shell is harder and takes all the wear and tear

8. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

There's a left and right to the rollers btw! so the metal innards do not fly out when's it's spinning round!