Yamaha aerox 50cc electric start problem

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Maxmoto92, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Maxmoto92

Maxmoto92 New Member

Hi there.
    I have a Yamaha aerox 50cc 2012

My electric start seems to not be working

I've checked the relay and it clicks like it should and I've taken the starter motor off and tested it on a battery and it spins with no hesitation at all

Ibe checked the wires and can't see any damage to any of them. Cleaned the earth's and contacts. Still nothing?!
    Also please see attached are two wires that arent connected to anything? Please could u tell me what there for.

Please could someone help me solve this issue.

Many thanks

Attached Files:

2. 4strokelover

4strokelover Active Member

Rides:
    Longjia Raptor 200
    Im having the same issue.
    Cant help you with the wires pictured but i have them in different colours and it was for my side stand cut off switch

3. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

I think the plug is for the auto choke?

And try a new relay there only a couple of quid

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Is there an earth from the starter motor bolt to the the frame? If not, just for trial, run an earth from the battery negative to the starter motor body or bolt and try the button.
    If that doesn't work, grab a multimeter, one end to the starter motor positive terminal the other to the battery negative, push the button, you should see battery voltage on the meter. If no reading you have no live feed to the starter motor.
    Go to the starter relay and find the switched positive feed to it, it will be the wire that comes live when you press the button. Then locate which wire comes live off the other terminals that should feed power to the starter.
    Simple enough set-up really; push the button, that feeds power to the relay which closes and sends power to the starter.