yamaha aerox 40mph

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by daniel.cole76, Mar 15, 2012.

1. SupaRox

SupaRox Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    Is it a manual choke?

2. daniel.cole76

daniel.cole76 Member

yeah i am gonna go buy a size 80 tommorow

3. SupaRox

SupaRox Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    If im correct the standard jet will be 86 then, so 80 is far too small! I have a 95 in mine and it runs sweet. All i have is a sports pipe. The newer aeroxs have an auto choke and a standard of something in the 60s.

If your ped isnt working with a jet in the 70s its gonna be the same as mine. So id try around the 95 mark mate

4. daniel.cole76

daniel.cole76 Member

well it had a 92 in it and it was letting in to much petrol as it wouldnt move at full throttle so?

5. SupaRox

SupaRox Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    Was this with just the pipe on? Or with the open filter?

I'm not 100% sure then, but when I bought a pipe for mine I did some research and found my standard jet size was 86. So jetted it and now it has a 95 in it and it drives well! My bike has the delly manual choke carb, with the leave on the left of the handle bars.

6. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    If your carb is the Dellorto phbn 12 hs then the standard jet is 86 if you derestrict and fit a sports pipe but keep the standard airbox then upjet about 10% so around a 95 should do it.
    If the carb is a Gutner 12 the standard jet is 62 and the same rule applys , so a 68 or 70 should do it.

Ash_aerox likes this.
  7. daniel.cole76

daniel.cole76 Member

yeah but when i put a 94 in it it wouldnt move because it was getting in to much petrol if i half throttle it then it would but not full throttle so i am now running a 82 but gonna try and have a fiddle tomoz

8. Camskii97

Camskii97 New Member

Rides:
    2009 Yamaha Aerox 50
    You Should Get A 17.5mm Carb And They Come Roughly Jetted For Sports Bike So Then Youde Just Have To Get A Size Bigger And Size Smaller To Try Just Incase And Then You Should Be Fine :)