Yamaha Aerox 100cc to 50cc.. Same frame?

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by shaun2299, Apr 3, 2014.

1. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

to me the aerox 100 engine looks the same as the ac minerelli, will be intresting to know if it is different

2. turbovetto

turbovetto Well-Known Member

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    The rods that hold the cylinder on the engine are 50mm center to center. O would be willing to bet that all the other important parameters are the same for both 50 & 100 cc models.

3. shaun2299

shaun2299 New Member

Nice one. It's described as fits any Minarelli air cooled 2 stroke.. Which is what the aerox 100 is, so hopefully it will be alright. Cheers for that mate!

Stage6 Sport Pro MKII Cylinder Kit - Jog/ Minarelli Air Cooled will be purchased today.

Any suggestions on what else I should change? As said before I'll either get the Yasmin r or stage 6 pro exhaust. What else will I need for good performance? I want it for almost daily use over the summer so not looking to be maxing out, but it would be nice to have good acceleration and decent top end for when it's needed

4. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    The Yas r is a better exhaust than the Stage 6 and makes more power lower down making it a helluva lot easier to set up.
    I imagine the 100 has a bigger carb than the 50 so you may only need to upjet a little and reduce the weight of the rollers.
    If the carb is a 17.5 or bigger then that's ideal. I would have thought that it would work great with those parts.
    It might be an idea to have the cylinder off and check the diameter of the piston pin. It could be 12 mm on the 100 cc crank. The stage 6 comes with either 10 or 12 mm piston pins, but you need to know when you order. I would replace the roller cage in the little end as well. They cost pence but cause so much damage when they disintegrate.
    Lastly, the squitch varies wildly on that kit so do a dry run with some solder taped to the piston and check it before selecting the appropriate gaskets. And use silicone engine sealant on the gaskets! They are metal and are not airtight without sealant.
    I have some photos of my rebuild of my gf's engine with the stage 6 if you're interested. They got wiped when the old 'what have you done to your ped' gor spammed & erased. If it would help -

5. shaun2299

shaun2299 New Member

I'm pretty sure it's got a standard carb in it which is 16mm.

Thanks for your help, yeah those photos would be pretty handy I think!

6. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    I'll get on it this weekend. 16 mm carb should be fine.

7. Pete132

Pete132 New Member

Ive done it doing another right now with a 132cc bbk stroker 30mm carb 20/hp other would back wheel to 90km per hour