Yamaha Aerox 100cc to 50cc.. Same frame?

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by shaun2299, Apr 3, 2014.

1. shaun2299

shaun2299 New Member

Bought an aerox 100 today which I'm pretty sure is air cooled (haven't had any time to look at it yet) but I want to change it into the 50cc water cooled engine. I take it this is possible? Not 100% sure if the frame is the same...

Any help/comments would be much appreciated

2. turbovetto

turbovetto Well-Known Member

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    The frame is the same. I would be interested to know if the crank case is the same. Does anyone know? If they are, then it's just a question of removing the cylinder and puting another one on there.
    Can you measure the thing (the distance between the rods that hold the cylinder on) when you get the chance?

3. shaun2299

shaun2299 New Member

At work at the moment and won't be in til this evening but I'll reply later with the measurements

4. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    engines are different completely

but frame is the same, just remember ul need the rad and all sorts plus 50cc panels up front for the rad cooling.

5. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    in what way a
    In what way are they diferent ?

6. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    the cases are totally different, uses a different transmission and all sorts

7. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    They can't be that different! On the outside they look the same! I want more info!

8. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    you just have too look up parts, transmission is different, side cases are different. its air cooled, its drum brake

the list goes on

9. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Erm - The ovetto is drum brake - the tranny does not have the same gearing etc. I run Aerox water cooled kits on my Ovetto. I don't care about that shit. I want to know what the differences are on the inside. Same diameter crank flywheels ? Same con rod length ? Uses the same bearings? Same size reed box ? All that external bullshit is just that.

10. shaun2299

shaun2299 New Member

Okay I've finally got a bit of time today.

You're gonna have to let me know what I need to measure because this is my first project and I'm not clueless about peds but I'm not exactly an expert either

11. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Just the distance centre to centre of the bolts that hold the cylinder head on. That will be plenty -
    Many thanks -

12. shaun2299

shaun2299 New Member

Ok the bike is not fully stripped yet but I'll do that when I can.

I think I'm going to buy an air cooled stage 6 70cc kit for mineralli horizontal engines and fit that.

I'm assuming my aerox 100 still has the original crankshaft in.. I'm guessing this will be fine running with a 70cc sports kit. If it fits correctly I'll then buy either a stage 6 pro or a yasuni r exhaust.

Any idea if I'll need to buy a bigger carb?

13. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    You'll need to send me the measurements of the bolts holding the cylinder head on (centre to centre) before spending any money - because if what CreamSoda says is true your Stage6 kit will not fit ! I will compare them to the 50cc model (for which the kit was designed) and tell you if it will fit.

14. shaun2299

shaun2299 New Member

Okay sounds good. Do you have any pictures or videos you can link me to show exactly what I'm measuring?

Do you mean the gudgeon pin through the piston itself?

15. shaun2299

shaun2299 New Member

Or something to do with the bolts through here?

Attached Files:

16. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    That's it. Need to know the distance between the bolts - center to center. The crank is not an issue as you can get kits with 10 or 12 mm (or even 13mm) gudgeon pins.

17. shaun2299

shaun2299 New Member

Okay im on a 12 hour shift tomorrow but I'll measure them Thursday so keep an eye out on here

turbovetto likes this.
  18. shaun2299

shaun2299 New Member

Ok I haven't got the engine off so it's very hard to measure the distance accurately.

I'm guessing the distance between each corner will be the same? As in its a perfect square..

I'm reading somewhere very close to 50mm /2" between each bolt centre to centre.

How's that compare to yours?

19. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Will report back -

20. shaun2299

shaun2299 New Member

O
    Okay cheers