Yamaha aerox 100 yq delleroto carb leaking fuel from air filter

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Aerox_Mad, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Aerox_Mad

Aerox_Mad New Member

Hi guys passed my cbt Friday and took the bike out for its first outting on the Friday was all good and then was hitting moreless full throttle then the bike just bogged and died, I noticed then was leaking fuel out of the fuel filter and over flow, I have then blew the jets out, blew the float out and cleaned the bowl and got running but then when I go to pull off it just bogs out and dies then an absolute pain to start again and now she's leaking fuel again can anyone shed some light on this as it's a right pain in the preverbeale all I want to do is get on the open road already!! All I know at this time is the carb is a delleroto. Is there any fellow members close to Gloucestershire this way and fancy taking a look I'm not very good with bikes whereas give me a car and I can fix it lol

2. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Sounds like the float and shut off valve are not working properly have you checked those?

3. Aerox_Mad

Aerox_Mad New Member

No mate I don't really have a clue to what I am doing lol carbs look complicated to me thats why I'd prefer someone that knows what they're doing to fix it lol

4. Aerox_Mad

Aerox_Mad New Member

Just out of curiosity where/what is the shut off valve?

5. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    inside the carb is a float, like your toilet cistern. as the water level raises up the float starts to exact pressure on a water valve, when the float hits a certain level the valve shuts off.

inside the carb the exact same thing is happening just in a much smaller mechanics , the float is clipped via a pin to a needle valve and this valve is on the fuel entry port, as fuel drains into the carb it fills the carb up, when it gets to a set point the float pushes the needle valve closed, as the carb uses the fuel the float drops down and the valve opens allowing more fuel into the carb and the cycle continues .

problem occurs when the valve becomes sticky due to petrol varnishing , this is where petrol has sat in the carb and started to varnish over the valve and the carb inners , it can cause the valve to stick of become sticky, it can also cause the float to stick and keep the valve in the closed off position .

6. Aerox_Mad

Aerox_Mad New Member

Thanks for that chap makes sense now, well I have now changed fuel tap fuel leak has now stopped however the bike now only runs on idle for just less then 10 mins then the engine idle raises just slightly then bogs out and becomes a pain to start does anyone know what this could be? Could a dodgey cdi unit cause this as someone said if the cdi didn't work at all the bike would not start???

7. Aerox_Mad

Aerox_Mad New Member

Issue rectified unplugged choke cable from bar end seems to be running good now think something somewhere was stuck on but seems to have sorted the issue for now