Yamaha aerox 100-125 help

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by jimbo, Jun 17, 2013.

1. jimbo

jimbo New Member

Rides:
    YAMAHA AEROX YQ 100
    I want to buy a 125 piston an barrel kit for my 100cc aerox air cooled can I just put the kit on and run it like that or do I have to up the carb size or just jet size? seized my bike well just melted the rings into the piston still turned over just wouldnt run. Please please give me your suggestions you garage barren grease monkeys!

2. jimbo

jimbo New Member

Rides:
    YAMAHA AEROX YQ 100
    Will I need a longer con rod?

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    you will need to upjet/set the transmission.. the 120 kits are shit.. better off buying a 125 piaggio or gilera. you wont regret it, a decent 70 is faster than a 120 peugeot

4. Scooter-Noob

Scooter-Noob God among idiots

Rides:
    AEROX in box's :-D
    is question as nothing to do with the 120 peugeot? or dose the 100cc yamaha run a pug lump?

but yer like MiNoR cOnFuSiOn said the tunning of a 100cc/125cc yamaha lump is pointless. altho that said that 125 kit is only a few £££'s more then the stock 100cc kit so you my as will go for it.
    your carb would need rejetting, transmission would need resetting-up. also after over heating new crank seals would be a good idea.

but you must cheack bearing and crank before doing anything overheating can kill a lot of parts

5. jimbo

jimbo New Member

Rides:
    YAMAHA AEROX YQ 100
    Thanks for your opinions guys or girls I dont know il buy yhe 125 kit I have a spare engine with no head or piston so I can set up my transmission on that thanks for the helps peeps :)