xenon for scooter

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by driant, Aug 6, 2009.

1. driant

driant New Member

can you install xenon lights on a scooter? i had halogen bulbs (55 watts) but every time i used them my battery died and i had to charge it, is it possible to install xenon or halegon bulbs on a scooter wich has a 7ah battery without energy loss. thanks

2. CheekyThomas

CheekyThomas New Member

Yes its fine... An HID kit only pulls 35w when running... just watch how you wire them in as they dont like AC voltage at all :good:

3. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

could you fit a HID kit to a Runner 50cc, or would it only be advisable on 125/180cc...

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    as long as your only running the same wattage bulbs you can use anything on anything.. best wiht multi ultra bright led's tho.. many many company's making fdirect replcments for all kinds of vehicles.. take a bulb in and match it up or find a bulb and mod the headlight to take it.

5. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

So is there led bulbs that will go into m11 fitment holders like the ones on the after Market runner lights?

6. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

Sorry I ment mr11 / mr16

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    you know the bulb type so look yourself.. asw far as im aware theres led conversions for every conventional bulb out there, wich covers all cars, wich usually means every bike is coverd.

8. billy_sr

billy_sr New Member

Sorry I worded it wrong; what I ment was would it drop straight in with no need to modify theelectrics?

9. LEE

LEE Member

yes it would you can get the led types from any electrical wholesalers there would be no bodgifications needed there 12v

10. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    what bulbs should u stay away from so ur light system doesnt get fried

11. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    just stick to the wattage of the original bulb and dont use 6v or 24v bulbs.

12. jack madel

jack madel New Member

good info

13. mbk3dga

mbk3dga Member

Rides:
    aprilia sr R
    i saw people doing that , so i gues you could but you will need to get full kit not just blue bulbs