Needs help is it my bearings or axel

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by ReceivaL, Apr 1, 2017.

1. ReceivaL

ReceivaL Aprilia SR 125

My Aprilia sr125 makes rough sound when I spin back wheel is it bearings or axel problem have drum brakes so does it even have bearings or what have no idea any help be greatly aprrecitaed.

Still runes and rides perfect just trying to sort everything out for summer

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Brearings : put scooter onto main center stand , hold top of rear wheel and bottom of rear wheel and see if there is play when you try to push the top of wheel towards exhaust and pull bottom of wheel towards you, if the wheel rocks top to bottom the rear bearing is failing and will replacing.

shaft : not an easy way to tell , normally we would remove the exhaust - wheel , and drain the oil from rear gearbox we would then remove the gearbox cover and extract the spline shaft in question and measure it with calipers to make sure its a service manual specs, if its found to be worn its replaced.

other area is the gearbox itself, these are filled with a bit of oil to lube up the gearing inside, an old oil thats never been changed can be full of dirt and crap and also burnt ( oil goes a black clolour when its knackered and wont lube as good) a old oil can manifest as a noisey gearbox.
    a good idea is to drain teh gearbox of oil and replace it with new fresh oil to the user manuals specs , this can sometimes remove the noise from a gearbox due to old oil . gearbox oil should be changed regular every so many miles as stated in your user/service manual.