worthwhile mods for Cygnus X 125?

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by Trapjaw, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Trapjaw

Trapjaw New Member

Rides:
    2013 Yamaha Cygnus X
    Hi all

I've got a 2013 Yamaha Cygnus X, bog standard, with 12500 miles on the clock. It's in great condition overall, and I'm very happy with it reliability wise. I've recently changed the air filter (old one was filthy) and spark plug (looked fine but probably hadn't been changed since new), and it's running really nicely. I'd really like to give it a bit more oomph off the line though. I don't want to modify the engine and am not looking for huge performance gains. Don't mind losing some top speed as I never ride it anywhere I can get it over 50 anyway, but some fiercer acceleration would be great! What do you guys recommend - variator? Rollers?

Anyone else have a Cygnus X here? Any advice on any other worthwhile mods?

TIA.

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Multivar. If they do one for your bike.
    Best mod you can start with.

3. Trapjaw

Trapjaw New Member

Rides:
    2013 Yamaha Cygnus X
    There does seem to be one for my bike, yeah. Around 100 quid though, but I guess modding is rarely a cheap game. What's the difference between say, installing the whole multivar kit and simply swapping my stock rollers for lighter rollers?

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Lighter rollers will give you better take off, a multivar kit gives you a bit of extra power in addition.
    Go with lighter rollers first, then if you find its still a bit slow, get the multivar