Wobbly's SR125 Build

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by wobbly_trials, Jun 12, 2016.

1. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    Those of you that remember me will remember that my choice of scooter was always the SR125. About 7 years ago i bought myself an accident damaged SR with 600km on the clocks, the intention was to rebuild it and run it....

well here I am 7 years later after digging it out of the garden (quite literally) (also realised that i have an MBK nitro and a minarelli 50 SR sat up there in remarkably good condition so stay tuned for the build thread for those)

The damage:

Front-end mainly, forks bent, front mudguard broken, headlight broken and unfortunately a bent frame... Game over for that one. Luckily i also acquired a spare frame from a friend who was about to run it in for scrap around the same time that i purchased the accident damaged SR, I proceeded to remove this from the undergrowth.

The engine in the accident damaged bike has weathered really well, i stripped the top-end down and the internals are like new, there's no play in the main bearings and no noise so no reason to do a full rebuild, just seals, belts and a new rubber inlet manifold as that's perished. Unfortunately the carb was robbed for a 125 ice project (also in the undergrowth) and I've decided to cut my losses and buy a new one (awaiting Scooter-center delivery)

Front end mocked together using a spare set of forks and a spare mudguard (note the retro scootershack sticker on the old front panel from my previous SR):
    [​IMG]

Engine undergoing cleaning and a lick of paint:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Comparison of the 2 frames (closest has a banana shaped tube up to the headstock, must have been quite an impact):
    [​IMG]

Currently rain has stopped outdoor play but i'm cleaning the good frame in the living room, prepping it ready for the engine mounts and engine.

TheBlaumanis and scootzmadness like this.
  2. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    Quick update on the Progress:

Engine done and ready to run, new throttle cable, new pipes, new fork seals etc...

anyway, some pics so far...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    Hello mate , long time . Nice to see some old names pop up . I sold my last SR some years ago , had about 8 myself , great bikes and actually handle well . Good to see another one saved

wobbly_trials likes this.
  4. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    Thanks. Yeah its been a while. Looking through my spares I think I've got the parts to build another after this one too.

5. Scouser

Scouser Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR125
    Any more progress on this? Just starting my SR rebuild.