Wiring problem

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by connorboy, Jan 16, 2017.

1. connorboy

connorboy New Member

I'm just wondering i have a 125 2t lump in a new shape 50cc, Is their any way possible to give power to my voltage regulator and power my lights instead of putting a 125 recti on and using their charging loom

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Nope. Need to use the corresponding loom, cdi and reg/rec

3. connorboy

connorboy New Member

Okay cool, Any idea how to test this stator as i have lost all spark all of a sudden check coil, ht lead, ground etc

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

are you using the 125 loom, cdi, reg/rec?
    The stator won't work unless you are, can't use that engine with 50 parts

5. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    how to test stator with multimeter

6. connorboy

connorboy New Member

I got the data sheet from piaggio mine is reading fine on red-brown but nothing on green-white charging coil anyone know best place to get a stator for these

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    of course you can splice in a 50 loom.. your correct with the rec, but you also need a batt of sufficent size for the starter motor (if fitted). fit the rec, battery, cdi and coil from the 125 and simply output to the loom, can throw a fusebox in there for peace of mind. remember tho, if your indi relay is part of your rec, you will need to replace and reroute the wiring formerly to your rec.

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    as a side note for all those in the grey with wiring, break it down into single circuits and components. the rec deals with the stator entirely, takes all the high power ac from the engine and just feeds a nice steady 12v to the batt/loom... the loom being the ignition switch and fuse box (if fitted), providing all are 12v, the "loom" wont pull any more current (ampage) from the rec than it normally would. its all ohms law (voltage squared devided by resistance equals wattage) 12v is 12v. a starter is super low resistance, so will draw loads, an indi lamp has lots of resistance so wont pull loads of current (amps). the only issue you would ever have from a bigger engine/alternator/stator/generator of ANY kind is an inability to manage said generated current, a rectifier literally lets off current ether to the battery (up to a set voltage) or via thin feckin air as heat, its why there big heat sink shaped CHUNKS of ali?!?! LOL its got a massive resistor that pulls excess current. if you use the stock rec, and even the battery, then there is NO excess load on anything, at ALL.. its 12v... regulated 12v, your components will DRAW whatever CURRENT from them based on resistance.

enjoy