wire loom problems on my 125 2t typhoon

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Typhoon.uk, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Typhoon.uk

Typhoon.uk New Member

ok so basically Ive got problems with my piaggio typhoon 2t 50cc 125cc conversion wire loom
    it completely f'd all of it !!
    im not sure what the year off the engine is how can I tell??....
    ive managed to work around it and get power to all my lights
    the bike starts and runs fine but dose not charge the battery!
    I don't know where to get a new loom from ethier I heard a gilera runner 2t might be the same?

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    A typhoon loom will be hard to find, yes a runner loom would work. Have you bodged the engine in the 50 engine mount or made up a silent block system as per original 125? The rolling nut engine was fitted to the typhoon around 01-02 .

3. Typhoon.uk

Typhoon.uk New Member

to be completely honest mate I haven't got a clue about what your talking about, im not mechanically minded in anyway lol I just bought it was told it was a 50 125 conversion. I had someone look over and they said they said all mounts look fine but he isn't a qualified mechanic isit easy to re-do so I know for my own satisfaction that its safe to drive ? where would I start with that? and what year wire loom would fit on my bike

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Around a 2000-3 loom would work with a little tickling, the 125's had a silent bush/cradle swing arm set up to reduce vibration, if your's is fitted to the 50 engine mount it will vibrate so bad you'll want to get off after 10 mins!