Will pay to test ride this scooter

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by GreenRanger, Mar 11, 2019.

1. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Hello,

I’ve been wanting a moped/scooter for years and years. Got my car back in 09 and have a full car licence but never actually brought one as parents wouldn’t allow it.

I would like to test ride someone’s 50cc April is monito custom 50 if that’s ok. Will pay £10 for the privilege. Just round the block and back that’s all as I need to get a. Feel of it is the right scooter for me.

I have ridden a push-up typhoon and like it and also a Peugeot speed fight 2 but I want something as comfortable and easy to use as possible and I’ve heard good things about the aprillia also something light.

That’s why I have opted for the 50cc rather than the 125cc.

And planning on upgrading the 50cc so I still have the lightness of the 50cc bike but with the power and speed/acceleration of the 125cc.

I’m based in south west London but can come to you or you to me (up to you) anywhere in or near London.

Thanks!

Nick

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

Hello Nick you're welcome to test ride my Honda SFX it's a lovely little 2 stroker to which I've attached a very tasty sports exhaust that makes it not only sound great but has made it noticeably faster (I've derestricted it anyway), I also have a speedfight2 100cc 2 stroke in my arsenal (come on the gunners!) but love it too much to part with it. Can't help you if you're set on an Aprilia though :)

GreenRanger likes this.
  3. milo2025

Also sitting in my garage I have BMW C1 which is a strange top heavy bike with a roof of sorts. Sounds great on paper but in practise it doesn't really work. I just have it for the novelty value, not in any great hurry to sell her but she does turn heads wherever I go

GreenRanger likes this.
  4. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Hello!

Thanks for the reply.

Tbh I don’t think I’m interested in the sfx.

I definitely want to test ride the aprillia Havana custom nick221@live.co.uk matter what but would definitely also be interested in test riding other bikes especially a Peugeot key force c tech 50.

I would love to own the dark side version but they don’t sell them in the uk.

5. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Yeh not what I’m looking for tbh. Interesting bike though. Haven’t seen those in the streets for a while.

Any idea what the ride comfort is like on the aprillia? They look comfortable. I read someone said it was also.

6. milo2025

No but there could be a few grey imports about. Aprilia do make some very special bikes!

7. milo2025

My friends Aprilia is pretty comfy if slightly bouncy but that's the aftermarket dampers - he modified the suspension as initially it was to hard and sporty for him on standard set up springs.

8. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

The aprillia mojito custom 50cc yeh?

My bad I mean the mojito not the Havana although I thought they were the same? Or is one only the 125cc?

9. milo2025

They are pretty much basically the same and both come with 50cc and 125cc as standard. He has the 50cc mojito model but that and the Habana are only different in names basically

10. milo2025

I prefer the 50 to the 125 as i'm a bit of a 2 stroke fiend - I love them

GreenRanger likes this.
  11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

The mojito is super comfy. Shit to work on and terrible build quality.
    I recommend a tomos if your looking for something light, im super happy with mine, its like a bmx.
    Awesome fun offroad too.

12. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

That’s what I thought. A bit confusing though.

13. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Yeh two strokes are cool. Faster right. But the four strokes are more refined and you I remember it also meant something to do with where th me oil goes is better on the four strokes. I like the sound of the four stroke 125 mojito better as I think it almost sounds like a mini Harley or motorcycle chopper but I have to go with the lighter of the two.

Does anyone know whether it’s posisble to put the 125cc four stroke engine in the 50cc body so you have the best of both worlds which is lightness and speed/power refinement?

14. milo2025

That's Italian engineering for you. All a bit random but interesting and can be great as we all know

15. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Those look jokes. What’s the safety factor in terms of it not getting stolen since it doesn’t have an ignition or a battery? I don’t think I’ve ever seen one of those on the roads in London which is strange as there must be a few.

16. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

That’s what I read and was hoping which makes me want it more now! I’ve heard that also about the quality for example the fake chrome tends to be a problem.

Why is working on it shit?

I just live the idea of putting my basketball in the seat or in a backpack of it won’t fit the. Using it to commute in the nice sunshine. Would be sick to ride through the city also.

I missed out on a really good one both condition wise mileage wise and price wise from linkwag scooters in Bromley now I fear I’ll never find one in time for summer and spring!

Still want to test ride one first before I commit.

17. milo2025

Yes, 2 strokes faster but less refined. Back in the day you had to premix the oil and petrol which was a pain but nowadays you have a separate reservoir/tank and it mixes itself. You just need to remember to keep the oil topped up..

18. milo2025

Probably possible in theory but I wouldn't want to attempt it

19. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Yeh I know about that. So you had to know exactly how much oil and petrol to put together every time you needed to refuel or put oil? A pain indeed!

20. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Why because of structural integrity?

I guess upgrading the 59cc to. 70 or 80cc would be better then? Thing is I like the refinement and sound of the four stroke 125 engine. I’ll look into the possibility of getting a 70 or 80cc four stroke for the 59cc mojito or is that not posisble either?