When Disaster Strikes

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by UnluckyChris, Jul 15, 2013.

1. UnluckyChris

UnluckyChris Member

I finally got my Dragster just how I wanted it recently. Put loads of new parts on and got the performance and handling all brilliant. Then this happened...

uploadfromtaptalk1373881488313.jpg

I'm thinking the crank has gone? Obviously I know I need new casings, and will probably make a wanted thread as I don't have any as yet, but if anyone has any I could buy I'd appreciate it. Any 125 Runner/Dragster/SR casings will do, as long as they have the mount for the caliper. Not bothered about whether it's rolling nut or not, or if it's LC or AC, if it has the mounts it'll be fine.

I have an SR125 and a nice unmolested Dragster I could take the engine off, and they're both rolling nut engines, but it would seem a shame to take either of these bikes off the road when they're perfectly good bikes.

Will the top end be totally wrecked as well from this? I've been told it's likely, but haven't dared look yet. I'm so gutted, it was putting out 33bhp and rubbing so well, then this happens. Any help or advice greatly appreciated. Cheers.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

2. typhoon180liquid cooled

typhoon180liquid cooled New Member

gutted mate I got 125 cases disk were u based ?

3. typhoon180liquid cooled

4. UnluckyChris

UnluckyChris Member

Cheers mate. I'm in East Yorkshire. I'm sure wherever you are I could sort something out if needs be. How much would we be talking for whichever you could sell that's in best condition. It would be great if I could get some sorted quickly so I can get our all done nice and quick. Thanks, Chris.

5. typhoon180liquid cooled

i dont want much mate as i can see you must be gutted make a offer i got 125 disk ready to build up i used the 180 ones in the pic myself but i have more that arent in the pic all clean ready to go and im in birmingham mate but postage would be about 11 pounds mate insured recorded ect

6. UnluckyChris

UnluckyChris Member

Nice one mate, I appreciate that. I'm gutted to say the least. When it happened I thought straight away this is bad, but it was dark and I couldn't see so left it too look in daylight, and my heart just sank when I looked at the engine.

Tbh I really don't know what to offer mate. I'll have a quick think overnight and get back to you in the morning if that's ok. I definitely want them mate anyway, but don't have loads of cash right now, but don't wanna be offering you to little. Are you ok to pm me with your phone number or something so we can talk and get it arranged? Or I can give you my number to call me? Whatever you want mate.

Thanks again. Normally I do take breakdowns in my stride for the most part, but this one, on that engine that I had spent so much time, money and effort on was just too much.

7. UnluckyChris

UnluckyChris Member

Nice one mate, I appreciate that. I'm gutted to say the least. When it happened I thought straight away this is bad, but it was dark and I couldn't see so left it too look in daylight, and my heart just sank when I looked at the engine.

Tbh I really don't know what to offer mate. I'll have a quick think overnight and get back to you in the morning if that's ok. I definitely want them mate anyway, but don't have loads of cash right now, but don't wanna be offering you to little. Are you ok to pm me with your phone number or something so we can talk and get it arranged? Or I can give you my number to call me? Whatever you want mate.

Thanks again. Normally I do take breakdowns in my stride for the most part, but this one, on that engine that I had spent so much time, money and effort on was just too much.

8. typhoon180liquid cooled

i dont no how to do pm as im new to the site if u pm me i might be able to find it and reply lol and just pm me a offer mate bear in mind 10 for postage and dont worry i wone be offended have you whipped the head off and has a look yet for more damage i would get it off asap and have a look mate