What motorcycle cleaner would you recommend?

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by Isolated, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Isolated

Isolated Member

Rides:
    Speedfight 3 RS
    What motorcycle cleaner would you recommend?

2. ENVYUS

ENVYUS Member

Rides:
    AEROX
    I'm guessing your from UK. If so, go halfords and get some Muc-off its really good and does a good job and can used all over.

Honestly, Muc-off is really good, works well with pre fairy liquid as wellm great on wheels!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

3. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Halfords car wash and wax ( £9.99 a 5lt tub ) will last you ages lol and handy if you have a motor to ;)

says add a couple cap fulls to a bucket of water , i add like 5-10 capfulls and just give the scooter a good wash, then rinse off with cold water and wipe down with a clean rag. (hand washing as its a bit more easy on electricals than a pressure washer)

helmet wise, i use Muc off visor cleaner , its blooming great and leaves you with a crystal clear visor each time.
    once visor exterior is clean i use Storm anti fog, just a quick spray on a cloth and a good wipe of inner visor surface that to also helps reduce fogging when your closed down on visor and heavy breathing .

muc off visor cleaner kit i got, comes with a little spray bottle and a cloth ( then i just buy the muc off large spray bottle and top up the mini spray when needed ) i keep both visor cleaner and the anti fogging in my jacket pocket 24/7 so i can always wipe down and have good clear seeing ;)

4. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Autosmart G101 at a 1:5 ratio with water in a spray bottle Spray on and leave for 3-4 minutes Rinse off with just water to bring off the initial dirt Two buckets with grit guards - one with soapy water (dish soap works fine) Apply soap with one and rinse with the other Dont do circle motions as thats how your paint swirls Up and down left and right only Then some asda shampoo/wax stuff £2 a bottle 5 caps to 5 liters of water Apply and rinse off dry with a microfibre towel Just use G101 for the wheels at a 1:8 ratio.

May sound overkill to some but thats a basic clean for me but then I do this sort of stuff every day and can be obsessive with vehicle cleanliness.

Tamiyacowboy likes this.
  5. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    what I saw my neighbour do was squirt washing up liquid over car then leave it out in the rain

6. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    Because not only are they lazy they are stupid

ENVYUS likes this.
  7. ENVYUS

ENVYUS Member

Rides:
    AEROX
    Hahahaha!!

8. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    you torpy should get out to biker meets and sell yourself as a bike/car valeter buddy and mobile at that anytime anywhere

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Cleaning? Never heard of it...