What 70cc bore kit to get? *URGENT*

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Yarik, May 10, 2013.

1. Yarik

Yarik New Member

Hello I'm new to this forum and i need some urgent advice, i bought a 70cc speedfight 2 a couple weeks back, everything was fine until 10 days later the piston broke completely, it had only done 750 miles on that bore kit when i bought it and i only did 200, it was a malossi kit too, the barrel is too damaged and i need get new kit as i have lots of work and need it working.

The other parts i have are, Gianelli exhaust, 19mm TNT dellorto carb(shit i know), Polini variator, Polini wetherproof air filter, boost bottle, these are the main parts that i know of, i am torn between 2 kits and that is the Stage 6 Sport pro AC, and the malossi AC which i previously had and it seized, i know that the stage 6 is aluminium and faster but only has 1 ring, and the malossi is meant to bee more reliable, i want the stage 6 however on research i have seen that people are saying that you need a new crank, i have the original crank(i believe) and my bike is a 52 plate(2002) but it ran the malossi kit fine is there really that much of a difference as they are both sport kits? Also the replacement parts such as th piston and rings for the stage 6 are cheaper and the kit itself is a bit cheaper, I'll post the link to both.

http://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/532/stage6-sport-pro-70cc-ac--peugeot

http://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/995/malossi-70cc-cylinder-kit-peugeot-ac

Thank you very much for your time!

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    cheapest one possible... the engines are shit to tune, so dont get carried away.. just go for a little more than you had befor for as little as possible and look for something else to tune. the parts needed to get this engine upto the spec of any other engine is emmense and they blow like mad. theres a reason people dont tune em ;)

3. Yarik

Yarik New Member

Already ordered the stage6 one last night.. what engine are you talking about? And i've ordered stage6 jets sizes 80-102, what size would you recommend to start on? Thanks for replying btw!

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    cant jet a bike over the internet... anything i can tell you is in the guides section