west midlands meet

Discussion in 'Meet Ups / Events' started by scootzmadness, Nov 16, 2013.

1. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    organising a meet up for around march time, long way away yet i know but thought itd be good to start organising it, see who might be able to come etc.
    will be beginning of march - not got a specific date yet.
    start at around 6pm and finish roughly 9pm-10pm. meet up in walsall, head to a local mcdonalds or KFC for something to eat if anybody wants to eat then go for a long ride, pretty much show up, show your ped off a bit, go for some food, go for a ride. wont be riding like hooligans so nice and calm ride. no wheelieng etc, also no gloves no ride.
    anyone whos interested just comment below :)
    anybody welcome on any ped or scooter, should be a good laugh.

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

sounds like a plan, i'm not far from walsall, only about 5 miles, so IF i've got a working and reliable scooter built by then, for myself, instead of for someone else or for sale, then will probably go for that.
    Doing a Katana at the moment, but just discovered the crank is bent a little, so thats got to be changed, then maybe the 70 or 90 kit. Already put the gearup in and the stage 6 pro rep pipe on but still some more to do.
    Also got a 70cc piaggio zip that will have a complete rebuild and paint.

3. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    well plenty of time to get it done ;)
    i think hairyjim will be there on his sukida roma thing or his vision, if my italjet is otr and legal ill be on that, where abouts are you?

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

I'm in Kingstanding.
    Talking about Hairyjim, I've got an engine from a Sukida Lutetia sitting on my shelves, and a few other parts for it if he is interested.

5. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    drop him a message, he probably will be interested knowing him, he came over and got a engine for my honda vision and some other bits and carried them all back on his scooter lol, ill see if hes on skype in a minute although knowing him hes probably still asleep lol

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

He can always Skype me if he likes: unclesteveshooter
    Can't guarantee when i'm on, I don't allow this mainframe to connect at startup, but if i'm on the others it does.

I'm off into the garage in a mo, need to carry on with the 1100, done the valve shims yesterday, clutch needs looking at today. Hohum:rolleyes:. I'll check to see what's there and whats any good. And if he is interested i can always drop them over in the car for him.

7. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    haha oh the joys, youd be welcome to join on the 1100 if you have no scoot, aslong as you promise not to leave us behind :D
    youd have 1050 more cc`s than we do aha :D
    ill facebook him and skype him, see which one hes on first and get him to add you, ill add you too if thats cool?

8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

yeah that's fine.
    Don't do the facebook thing though.
    Skype is mainly for my two nieces and two god children to bug me with:D
    Better get the camera fixed properly to the screen, keeps falling off.
    I might not have the 1100 next march, toying with the idea of dropping it, had it 7 years now.
    I just did a comparison for insurance on the Katana, £69 fully comp, protected and everything. Love it.
    But then it's only £105 fully comp on the 1100. Mad.

9. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    we only use the chat on skype, i dont bother with my cam, its a load of rubbish.
    :O and im looking at £1000+ fully comp for my italjet :( tpo it is for me :(
    stupid how insurance works sometimes :mad:

10. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    ok so sorted a date, time and meeting place.
    Friday 14th march 2014, meeting at 6pm at Walsall morrisons.
    riding up to rushall to grab something to eat at mcdonalds then riding a route which ill sort soon (should be some good roads) finish at about 9pm-10pm depending on how long were riding for etc
    anybody welcome, helmet and gloves are a must, no road legal helmet or no gloves and you don't ride with us, simple as that. we don't want anybody coming who is going to ruin it for everyone else by speeding, racing, wheeling etc, its a group ride and we don't want any police attention etc. other than that it should be a pretty good, relaxed meet and ride.

11. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    hello stevep...just got the message from scootsmad.

12. mitchellgrainger

mitchellgrainger Member

Rides:
    Lintex HT125T-15
    Can I come ?

13. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    yeah, anyone welcome on 2 wheels :)
    just dont nag me about my dodgy L`s ;) gotta get me ped on the road and reliable quick!

14. mitchellgrainger

mitchellgrainger Member

Rides:
    Lintex HT125T-15
  15. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    lol obviously, only reason why im not riding it now is because its not insured, taxed or motd, gotta do my brake, get logbook sorted and colour change noted then insure/mot/tax

16. mitchellgrainger

mitchellgrainger Member

Rides:
    Lintex HT125T-15
    Cool. Where's the best place to get a service on my Chinese scoot.

17. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    speedway motorcycles in cannock are good and pretty much do nothing but chinese stuff

18. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Color change?...you done it black? Ain't yer

19. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    doing it black. still got half the scooter left to do just waiting for rain to stop. need a few hours of no rain to get the last rear panel done then i can start on the front. going for a rat theme.

20. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    anyone up for a quick rag around before the 14th? got nobody to go ride with lol