weird problem

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Alex Barnes, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Alex Barnes

Alex Barnes Active Member

hello there , well i have a little problem with my bike its a 2009 honda cbr 125 , basically i went to start the bike and all was fine but when i got to work i noticed the lights where sort of flickering (headlights ,rear lights and dash lights ) so turned off the bike and turned igniton on and didnt have enough power to start ,, after my 12 hr shift at work i tried again and ended up having to bump start the bike which got it running but the lights where still flickering , i'm just wondering if this is a battery problem or a voltage regulator problem as when i got home (its a 2 mile ride ) the bike was still flickering so turned it off and turned ignition back on and it did the same thing not having enough power to start but when i turned ignition off again and back on it started no probs ,,, just a bit confused as what to do and dont suggest stuff to do with multi metres as am shit with electrics so wouldnt know what to do with a multi metre ,, im just wanting to know if any 1 has had this type of problem before and if it can be fixed (i am going to put the battery on charge tomorrow when its light and see what happens from there

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Sounds like a dodgy ignition switch if it did that on the second twist of the key.
    But you need the multimeter to check the charging coming up to the battery, and also the coil windings.
    Or put it into the local bike shop.

3. Alex Barnes

well i tried turning it off and on loads of times outside work and had to bump it and put it on charge last night ,, put battery back in and all was good but soon as i got to the local town (2 miles away ) its started doing the flickering lights again and had to bump it but once i got home it was fine again lol quite confused

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Have you checked the charging system yet?

5. Alex Barnes

nah ive slapped a new battery in it n it seems to be ok *touch wood *