We need more diesel motorcycles

Discussion in 'Videos' started by MrXT, Feb 12, 2016.

1. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

Why arent there more diesel run motorcycles and scooters, id love to be able to run my bike off cooking oil.

scubabiker likes this.
  2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

there are a few production runs of diesel bikes, old stuff from the 40s, cant think of the name. i like diesel, i would love to convert a 2 stroke to diesel.

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

just came across this... not a production bike, its been modified motor looks agricultural to me

5. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

Only production diesel engined motorcycle iv ever seen is the royal Enfield. Maybe if Honda or Yamaha took an interest it could be more refined for a better ride, there would certainly be money to be made for a bike like that in India and if it was good enough even in the west.

I saw a concept diesel engined scooter in India that doubled as an electric generator but I'm guessing that never saw production as I can't find anything more on that apart from that one concept page and a picture of a prototype.

6. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

gizmodo.com/this-diesel-powered-scooter-packs-more-utility-than-a-s-1518662154

7. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    if i could get my grubby hands on a diesel bike id be blowing black clouds out the exhaust....... muahahahahaha