Vivacity sportline 50cc 2006

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Dave Steele, Aug 7, 2021.

1. Dave Steele

Dave Steele New Member

Hi everyone,

I have a vivacity I bought for my son but he never got the enthusiasm to do CBT etc so has been tucked in the garage for a year.

when I bought it it had just had barrel, piston and service and was running nice however would never start with starter motor only by kicking. I was hoping that would be all I have to sort before I start using it……lol

so I’ve dragged it out popped a fresh battery on, drained fuel and filled with fresh and she won’t start by either method which I kind of expected. It was a bit of a whim today so my tools are at work but there appears to be fuel - I’ve popped fuel line and off and sucked open the tap all good. No sings of life with a whiff of easy start or anything so was thinking maybe a spark issue as well as a gummed up carb.

is there anything to reset or similar when battery been swapped? It doesn’t appear to have an immobiliser despite the LED on dash - key doesn’t seem like a chipped key…

Hopefully a plug, clean carb it will start on kick. Any ideas why it never liked it on starter motor before I packer her away in the garage? The motor sounds strong and sounds to be spinning engine over nicely…

thanks