Vivacity clock plugs for speedfight

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by bmunro21, Jun 2, 2016.

1. bmunro21

bmunro21 Member

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone knew how to modify a vivacity loom to work with speedfight clocks?

2. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    What colours of wires have you got coming up from the Vivacity loom to the old clocks?

3. bmunro21

bmunro21 Member

Not sure as I haven't actually got the loom yet, but was told by someone that it would need to be rewired

4. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Speedfight clock wiring varies, depending on if the clocks have an immobiliser alarm LED in them or not. This is the wiring as I know it from the clocks that I have. The early Speedfights had no alarm fitted and the wiring colour code may be different.

Looking at the back of the clocks and reading the connections from left to right, the wiring colour code I see on mine is

Dark Blue - White/Blue - Yellow/Black - Green - Yellow/White - Brown, then Orange - Light Blue - Black - Red - Dark Blue - White

The '/' indicates a dual coloured wire with a stripe. The first colour is the main one and the second is the stripe colour.

The red and dark blue wires on the right hand connections normally go to a separate plug on the loom that allows the immobiliser LED to flash when plugged in. If you fit an alarm system you can make use of this.

The other wires connect as follows.

Dark Blue and White/Blue - 2T Oil warning lamp
    Yellow/black - High Beam warning lamp
    Green - Earth
    Yellow/White - Fuel gauge +ve
    Brown - Clocks lighting
    Orange and Light Blue - Turn signal lamp
    Black - Coolant and fuel gauge -ve
    White - Coolant gauge +ve

If anyone thinks I've got this wiring wrong or has a different wiring colour layout, please feel free to comment.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016