Viron help needed

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by Shane Humberstone, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Shane Humberstone

Shane Humberstone New Member

hi everyone,any other viron 1000w 36v owners out there,I’m needing help as I want to make an external charger for my scooter as it’s too heavy to carry up the stairs to my flat every time I want to charge the battery pack,what do I need to be able to externally charge it,thanks in advance

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Hi Shane
    First thing we need to know is where is the bike stored, outside in the yard or garaged?
    If it's garaged, then it's simple. If it's outside in the yard, it's a bit more complicated, but not much.

3. Shane Humberstone

Its in a garage but theres no way i can get a power supply in there

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

There's always a way.
    I'm guessing then that the garage is too far away from the flat?
    What about a power supply at the bottom of the stairs?
    I started to think about a solar panel on the garage but that is a different ball game.
    Or can you charge it at work?

5. Shane Humberstone

No its the same building, massive shared garage but power supply in there isnt allowed,i want to make a wire rig so i can charge the battery pack in my flat ,the scooters too heavy to be carrying up n down the steps

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Ok then, it's a landlord thing then.
    Maybe have a chat with them about a charging point in the garage.
    Afterall, with the advent of electric vehicles they should be looking at this sort of thing.
    And if it is in the same building running a power supply down there is not going to be hard or expensive.