Vintage Jawa manet

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by mikestan, Jun 7, 2014.

1. mikestan

mikestan Member

The base of these are some kind of plastic i think however i don't think the tops as you can see are destroyed and these i just cant find at all
    SAM_3192.JPG SAM_3191.JPG

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

3. mikestan

mikestan Member

ill have to measure up these ones i don't think ill ever find these as replacement parts and if i could they look quite stupid and not to mention the earlier models like 1964/65 and earlier dont have these fitted to what ive found so far

4. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    mikestan and Stevep like this.
  5. mikestan

mikestan Member

Eesshh i know i put this project on the back burner i certainly didnt realise it was this long ago i ran into engine trouble back then bought all the relevant parts contact breakers and all parts to make it spark lol i wired it up actually got this to turn over via key i was amazed at the time that it actually turned over but there was no spark at all and then i discovered the gears were jammed and the clutch plates were caked in oil and all stuck together so i stomped my feet a little and slammed it in the shed were it has lived since however looking back through this makes me want to drag it back out n strip the engine and see if i can bring it back to life or even a new engine if it exists.

May be yet another winter project with any luck

4strokelover likes this.
  6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Any updates?