Vintage Jawa manet

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by mikestan, Jun 7, 2014.

1. mikestan

mikestan Member

I know for a fact ill be biting off more than i can chew on this one but here you go not to mention its chezh and cant find a english site for spares lol
    DSCF0088.JPG DSCF0089.JPG DSCF0101.JPG DSCF0106.JPG DSCF0111.JPG ...lol i have a feeling this may take a while to complete if at all

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

Looks like fun. Think I recognice that rats nest of wiring from my old jawa 350 twin. everything the same colour and attached using individual spade connectors. If you can get it going it will be full of character thats for sure

3. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Best of luck,mate-
    looks like you got a well cool project in the mix.:).

4. mikestan

mikestan Member

well ive stripped it down now engine and gears are free so thats a bonus however there is wo wiring left that isnt burnt to peices i have been told that a owner from back in the early 80s had tried wiring loads of headlights to it hence the epic 3 core shotty wiring so i can assume its been completelly dead since...lol
    i will upload photos as i go on this one but this project may take quite a while due to the lack of spares available

5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    There are loads of sites out there mate.......
    most however were in Chech.:).,
    pulled this one in english-
    JAWAMARKT.CZ,if that's any good.mk.

mikestan likes this.
  6. mikestan

mikestan Member

ill take a look now m8 cheers

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

check out some classic bike forums, someone will be able to help you, the thing with old bikes its often easier to make your own parts. look forward to seeing this project progress.

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

check out
    World Wide Web dot finn.no/finn/mc/used/object?finnkode=48999379&searchclickthrough=true

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

its a jawa zezetta the one i linked to (if you cant work the link out) looks like maybe some parts will swap over

10. mikestan

mikestan Member

cheers mate yeah i believe you can swap parts over etc ive heard the likes of the wiring loom is almost the same may need tinkering with tho but it will be better than making my own from trailer cable i atempted this once it was a nite mare lol

11. mikestan

mikestan Member

ill get some pics up this week ive stripped it down and made a good start on the smalls like bars headlight case and other bits and pieces

12. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i can have a hunt at work if you get REALLY stuck, although it will cost a fortune for me to send part to you

13. mikestan

mikestan Member

that would be great spending money on parts n postage is better than not being able to find whats needed

14. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    personally -
    I would strip it right down to the shell/frame. modern engine, modern wiring loom etc etc but keep it looking old. parts availability with the right engine etc would then be better. just a suggestion. I get the whole keeping it original thing but if parts are that hard to find, why not modern build it.

15. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Kinda defeats the purpose,i'd think,resurecting a token of motircycling history,
    why not go whole hog & just buy modern,?.;)............. .
    seen alot of u-tubes on old/rare/experimental re-surrections,alots down to commitement,or how far your willing to go,to get what you want.:).

hairyjim likes this.
  16. mikestan

mikestan Member

well the parts are mainly here it will take some work especially on the back end i do have some parts done now ready and waiting but the rear indicators are mad they are rotten i cannot find a replacement for these i may have to get more modern manet ones ill take a pic of these at some point b4 the weekend i do want to keep this as original as possible like

17. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Can you post a photo of the rusted ones? Looking at the shapes on the rear panels, they look as if they had something like VW Beetle indicators attached.

18. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Sounds like you could be focusing genuine/or/as close to(spares) search in countries that are still mostly relying on more older designs(not as hung up on emission,etc.).,
    have a few projects on the go/self -
    might wanna check the asian route.industrious+flexible little b.....s ,so they are.;).mk.

19. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Hands started itching as soon as i saw the first photo.
    Me, i'd sort the engine first, there are a lot of engineers out there that can re-make the old parts from new materials, and the cast parts, if the crank needs doing, send it to SEP at Kegworth for their expert opinion, they did the crank on my CBX750 some years ago, came back brand spanking new. Coils/Genny can be re-wound, loom will be a labour of love, but should be do-able, might have to peruse other close matched diagrams.
    Body, piece of cake, mostly metal, ooohhh the mind is racing.................

20. mikestan

mikestan Member

yeah will do ill get them out and posted on here they certainly are strange looking

Merlin and Mark Emerson Trentham like this.