viewing an sr 125

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by gazell, May 5, 2007.

1. gazell

gazell Active Member

supose u cant grumble at that price really

2. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    i have to say, your english is far superior to most of the forum members.

great translation and some useful information. thanks

3. Ankfoot

Ankfoot New Member

Well, Thank you, Even though I'm soon to be 25 years old and english have been my second language since I was 10 years old or something..

somewhat off topic.. but :)
    But due to me not listening to much in school, that got the result of a very poor feeling for basic things like, "where, were, have, has", even when to use "is" and "are" or "a" & "an" can sometimes be confusing... just the small basic things.. :) the overall language other than that is just fine :)

4. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    yeah most english people have exactly the same problem. the difference is, they don't know they have it.

5. gazell

gazell Active Member

does anybody know what the max hp u can get out of an sr125

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ac is around 32.. they deffo melt at 34 (biggest power out of an ac so far from psn on james's typh on the first barrel) wc you can happily push 38bhp aspirated (for about 2 mins)

7. Ankfoot

Ankfoot New Member

I think there is some extreme examples of people tuning their AC piaggios upto over 30hp..

So there is potential in it.. :)

EDIT: Bah... didn't see minors post.. :/

8. gazell

gazell Active Member

cant grumble at all then.. im basically going for a malossi 172 kit a malossi varo belt and a 25mm carb....then if im not bored with the sr by then i'll be gettin a malossi crank and porting

9. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    will be around the 14-16bhp REAL power mark then... torque will improve tho. feels alot faster. remember the bike wont go any faster top end without a gear up as its at the top opf the gears and cant rev higher...

10. gazell

gazell Active Member

forgot to put gear up kit on there tbh..what hp is the sr125 in standard form

11. Ankfoot

Ankfoot New Member

If my memory is right it has 11kW that translates into something ip hp.. :)

12. skatergod

skatergod New Member

gaz fuck the gear up kit.... your runner didnt have one and it was fast enough top end with that malossi varo on.... i dont think gear up kits are worth it inless your goin at least over 26bhp so the exceleration dont drop to much...

13. gazell

gazell Active Member

supose..i'll see how i get on with the 172 kit etc before i consider a gear up kit..
    the pm pipe that fits is growing on me..

14. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    you had a scorp and it was setup a few hundread miles befor blowing up...

ive fitted gear ups and lost NO acceleration... im guessing somthing else was up m8...

but the aprilia (typhoon engine) is rated at 12bhp... its ACTUALLY 7 in the real world with around 11lbs of torque hence it wheelys so easy...

15. skatergod

skatergod New Member

minor what would the bhp and torque be like if u bang a 172 kit on?would u recomend standard filter with the 172 kit and would the torque/bhp be better with a pipe like a kundo....?and yeh my exceleration was SOOO not as good!! no gear up kits for me ever again! my opinion if u want top ned get a car or a 4 stroke.... in my point of view a 2 stroke is for 0-60 times!!and wheelie machines!!

16. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    trust me, there are bikes you wouldent know had a gear up untill you got past 70.. i recon whatever went in yours was causing it to perform poorly..

sr with a 172 is around 14ish bhp.. torque is always better with the stock pipe as it makes power lower in the revs.. using a pipe like a kundo only shifts the power up in the revs but leaves decible, torque and power prittymuch untouched.

filter again is down to application. road bike you want an airbox but if ALL you care about is full throttle bang a filter on it (remember at full chat your reeds arnt actually closing fully so the reverse pressure issue is of no concern.

17. skatergod

skatergod New Member

yeh my bike must have been cursed :( so its not really worth gettin a kundo then.... hopfully with just the 172 kit on it will power wheelie which is all i want.... so would u recoment an open filter if u full wack it everywhere?? is that what u mean? :nerd: explain more if u can :D

18. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if you dont care about lumpy mid throttle riding use a filter (oh and buy some jets bruv) keep ontop of the jetting as its a little more tempremental with a filter (wether/season affects it remember)

19. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    when my bikes runs to full power i have to put weight on the front to stop it coming up

thats only 5 % of the time though :(

20. TangoSR

TangoSR New Member

I have a gear up on my Aprilia SR 172 :bird: I would say its much better to have it as it stops your scoot from straining the engine with standard gears that arent meant for the power of the 172 bore :confused:arc: I can't say I noticed any real difference in acceleration etc with the gear up, just gave me a better top end ;) :punk: