viewing an sr 125

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by gazell, May 5, 2007.

1. gazell

gazell Active Member

well tomoz im going to have a look at a aprillia sr125..i just wondered whats the good points to these bikes are..i really wanted another gilera runner but this sr is more in my price range..whats the good and bad things about them..im assumeing that they have better handleing then runners cos they handle like shit..

also what colours do they come in cos ive only ever the black and red ones..
    and what are they like for tuneing.. is there plenty of parts out on the market for them

2. skatergod

skatergod New Member

garath garath garath.... what are they like tuning wise :msn1: come on man.. u know that... they are like the same engine as my typh 125.... air cooled...shove a 172 air cooled kit on... then 25m carb... not sure what exhaust you can get for srs.... not even trphoons :( but u dont want a tecniwank! lol io will come with you 2mo... just look at engine mounts... wheels... suspension....usual stuff :nerd:

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    check the things straight for one (anyone know the correct angles on the fork's for spirit level checks?) seat top and handlebarr's in degrees would be helpfull. always bent for some reason

4. Ankfoot

Ankfoot New Member

I've had 2 SR125's and both were beutiful scooters, and the handling with those two 13" wheels with a low profile sportstyre on is wonderful.

Maybe standard advice but I have a go anyway..
    Regarding potential faults to look for, I'd say:

Enginemounts, check for play in the rear wheel vs the rest of the scoot, just grab the wheel and try moving side to side.
    Crashing into a roundabout in approx 90km/h fucked my enginemounts up a tad bit :)

Front forks, the seals could be a weak spot, I had to change mine once, attempts to wheelie brings all forks to it's knees :)

Other than that, quality is top notch, aircooling, troublefree..

A nice scooter in all.

Cheers, and good luck

5. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    fork seals, great haggling point on srs. its a piss easy job.

love the handling and wheelieability.

6. gazell

gazell Active Member

well ive brought the bike its a 2003 model sr125 brought it for 370 quid and a runner frame (im getting a new set of panels out of him... gotta admit the bike is very comfortable..i'll get some pics up tomoz

7. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    good move, SR 125 all the way.

8. Ankfoot

Ankfoot New Member

Congratulations to a nice purchase.
    A 2003 model, must be some stylish set of panels on it then?

And why is it all scooters are so cheap in the UK?

The cheapest SR125 I can find in our largest "webmarket" goes for 1 200 £

:(

9. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    all the 125 pannels are the same shape.

10. Ankfoot

Ankfoot New Member

I meant colour theme :)

11. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    ah right fair enough. if he's really unlucky it'll be bright green like mine.

12. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

:worthless: oh and nice buy

13. gazell

gazell Active Member

lmao pics will be up tomoz mate

i cant believe how clean the engine is tbh...the only thing that puts me of the sr is the shit pipes that fit them...but to be fair the standard pipe is always good enuf..

14. Concept

Concept New Member

2003 SR125, got to be one of the last 125's in production. Seems a bargain @ the price, lets hope it looks as good as it sounds!

Did you check the rear end for play as mentioned as thats a common problem with SR's.

15. gazell

gazell Active Member

yeah i checked it.all seems ok from what i can see..

im gonna give it a bit of a clean later even tho it dont need one lol..then i'll get some pics up..just gotta wait for the lad to drop me of a new front panel

16. JakeSP

JakeSP New Member

Sounds like you got a good 'un. I quite like the 'roar' from SR's, they sound quite beefy compared to typhoon/runner 125's :p

17. skatergod

skatergod New Member

trust me i found him this bargain :cool: if i didnt have the typh i would have got it my self!panels are fresh!! engine looks fresh!! fuckin the exhaust looks brand spankers!!!

18. JakeSP

JakeSP New Member

Theres a guy i know near me who wants £800 for his, MINT condition (and i really mean it) Its tucked away in a garage ;)

Proof that clean, unabused, unmodified 2t's do exist :p

19. gazell

gazell Active Member

tried to take some pics but the bastard camera is playin up..(flat batterys)

i know that a scorp pipe dont fit the sr's but is there anyway to mod them on ???

20. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    you either have to change the direction the pipe comes out of the barrel (cutting and welding involved) or mod the engine moutnt (cutting and welding also involved here).

i'm looking into this but need an old scorp to attempt to fit, anyone willing to donate a snapped one is welcome to post it to me.

your options are limited to the jolly moto, the kundo, the techniwank and i beleive the PM. or stock of course (gianelli freeway wasn't really worth mentioning but now i have anyway)