[video]Speedfight 2 strange sound at low rpm

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Rick-UK, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Rick-UK

Rick-UK New Member

Rides:
    Runner 200
    Hey, not sure if this is a common problem but its doing my nut in.

heres a video explaining:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vS9wEAbl68

You could just say, leave the tick over high but when starting and turning off it does the noise too, its embarrassing :mrgreen:

The sound is loudest at the grill which you can see in the video. Shaking the bike doesn't flicker the noise either.

2. jon_w

jon_w New Member

A lot of speedys make this noise as well.. not just yours.. they make the same noise when you kickstart, like a squeaky boggy noise its wierd :confused:

3. Vesta

Vesta New Member

yeah my mates squeks like mad when he turns it off for some reason speedshites init

4. Rick-UK

Rick-UK New Member

Rides:
    Runner 200
    It ruins the noise of the pipe :(
    My mates speedfight 1 doesn't sound like that.

5. Vesta

Vesta New Member

well 2 of my mates had speedys and only one did it. who knows

6. rossi92

rossi92 New Member

Rides:
    Runner 2T 125
    friend has speedfight1 doesnt do that :confused:

7. danny

danny New Member

its the air circulation shit. 4 emmissions. its coz u hav dissconected the pipes frm stock exhaust. block the pipes up and it shud stop it :bird: .

8. Rick-UK

Rick-UK New Member

Rides:
    Runner 200
    ermmm I dont have stock exhaust.. Don't really know what you mean

9. bait

bait Active Member

i dont have a speedy so im not 100% but from reading it i think what hes saying is that when you removed the stock exhaust there was some open pipes left behinde which you need to block off

10. Rick-UK

Rick-UK New Member

Rides:
    Runner 200
    k.. well the garage did it so they've done me over lol

11. bait

bait Active Member

not really mate just go look at where the zaust is and hunt for some loose pipes
    when you find (if you find) take a pic put it up here and wait for a reply sorry i cant be more helpful
    concider yourself lucky your bike troubles is just a sound that makes ur ped sound abit gay my finger feels like i just broke it while trying to get the old rubber things outa the mount fuckin socket i was using to nock the fucker out bounced off the rubber and i ended up belting my knuckle with a hammer and now it hurts lol

12. Rick-UK

Rick-UK New Member

Rides:
    Runner 200
    Yea i was down there taking pics before you typed it, I couldn't see any pipes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. bait

bait Active Member

sorry then cant help best just wait for a reply off a speedfight owner sorry cudnt be any help but you may wna think bout giving that pipe abit of a clean lookin abit worse 4 wear

14. jon_w

jon_w New Member

Erm the pump is present near the air fan/ water pump i believe.. its an engine driven compressor which pumps air into the exhaust to cool the cat? The eai pump has a mini piston/con rod and crank .. most people plug the rubber pipe that comes off the pump with a 13mm bolt