Vespa front wheel conversion

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Skete-vx125, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Skete-vx125

Skete-vx125 Member

Right people I want to know if I can fit a Vespa front rim on to a Gilera runner, I know that the vespa has a single front fork but can I put my axle of my runner into a Vespa rim? Iv got a rear Vespa rim on my runner as iv put a Vespa lump in it and like the look of the rim and obviously would like the front to match.. ??? Cheers guys

2. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    No.
    The front wheel is for the single side fork and attached with nuts just like a car would be. It wouldnt accept a axle like a standard style wheel.

3. Skete-vx125

Skete-vx125 Member

I thought so but could I not put my hub on to the rim maybe to accept an axle ?

4. Skete-vx125

Skete-vx125 Member

Bearings I mean

5. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    Nope, The wheel just isnt designed for that, Its designed to be a single arm fork wheel which means the strength is in different places vs a normal wheel that and I cant see any way of getting it to accept bearings and an axle. If you REALLY wanted to do it, You could just have wheel that looks exactly the same made but that would cost a hell of a lot to have just one wheel made.
    maxresdefault (1).jpg

6. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    Fitt the entire front suspension assy from the Vespa ? Measure the stem and modify as needed ? The GT ones are longer than ET . Haven't seen a single sided front on anything bar a Vespa or zip before so it would be pretty cool.

7. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I have a set of Gt forks modded to fit a NRG, have a look at my NRG 140 twin project. I'm not using them now so they could be yours?