Vespa et2 revival

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by briddgy, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    Try dropping it one more even richer then get the mixture screw perfect, the yasuni looks nice on it :)

2. briddgy

briddgy Member

Rides:
    2001 vespa et2
    If I drop it again it will be on the very bottom, the plug colour is perfect and it seems to run great, just think it needs rollers setting up now, thank you yes I'm happy with it

3. briddgy

briddgy Member

Rides:
    2001 vespa et2
    Well I have a variator kit and some clutch springs on the way

4. briddgy

briddgy Member

Rides:
    2001 vespa et2
    Also have dropped the needle and shortened the cable so the cab now shuts properly, adjusted the mixture screw again just over 1.5 turns out and got the idle mint

5. briddgy

briddgy Member

Rides:
    2001 vespa et2
    Right then guys fitted my new stage6 variator kit and contra spring also new medium clutch springs, acceleration is miles better, have seem to have lost 5-10mph top end so only getting 45 now?
    Also getting the issue of it dieing down after pinning the throttle for a while, letting go and then full throttle again, just dies then picks up and goes, unless I come to a stop then it dies, may be a stupid question but do I need to rejet the carb now it has a different variator as it revs higher? Or possibly need to shim the belt better? Any advice or knowledge is welcomed :) thank you

6. briddgy

briddgy Member

Rides:
    2001 vespa et2
    Some pictures, I did put all the springs in haha

Attached Files:

7. The Messenger

The Messenger Active Member

The variator wont have any effect on the carb...

It may be a too weak contra spring causing the engine to dip in revs.

if the spring is too weak it makes the rear pulley open faster pulling the belt down the variator quicker, causing the engine to fall off the power band.