Very new to scooters

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by Shaun T, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Shaun T

Shaun T New Member

Hi all, my name is Shaun just a quick hello and question.

Always wanted a scooter and now have an entry level 50cc Neco Borsalino (I know..). Think it could do with a windshield but cannot seem to find one for this scooter. Are the universal ones advertised, well, universal within reason?

Thanks in advance.

S

2. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    Do you really need a screen as will cause wind drag

3. Shaun T

Shaun T New Member

Thanks Shunty, I see where you are coming from, It was just an option if I felt over exposed (told you I was new to scooters).

4. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    As long as you wear the right clothing for the weather you will be fine.
    I ride my scoot all year round, not like some hide the scoot or motorbike in the garage in the winter

5. Shaun T

Shaun T New Member

Thanks, probably put money saved on windshield towards decent cold weather gear then and get a bit more on the road in winter.

6. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
  7. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

Shaun t and shunty. I dont know about windscreen. Since it gets scratchy over time. And its just a mess looking through. When the sun hits it. Who am I to ask. Only used it for two days, came with a scooter I bought. What more important is a great helmet with Pinlock. "Pinlock removes fog on the inside of your helmet"

Shaun T likes this.
  8. Shaun T

Shaun T New Member

Cheers guys, this is priceless info for a new rider, it's more appreciated than you know.

9. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    Your welcome Shaun T

10. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Pinlock are good.......except when it doesn't seal on the inside!!!!!!
    then it fogs up between the visor and the pinlock!!!!!!!!!
    Try that on a mountain road in a country you don't know and roads that are twisty as F*%K:D:D:D

Shaun T and Rickard Pingol like this.
  11. Shaun T

Shaun T New Member

Thanks again all, I will look into that.

12. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    I also read that pinlocks don't always seal and fog up.
    I purchased some antifog spray from a chinese site.
    Seems to work well for 3-5 days, and spray in spray container should last about 2 years of bad weather.
    Spray on inside of visor and let it dry

13. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

Ive never had any issues with Pinlock. Probably some who had. What I liked to try tho is chemicals to, keep the visor from being all watered up when it's raining. You know so it's just droplets that runs away, Instead of spreading out and mess up your vision. I've tried those meant for car windows. Doesn't work on plastic. There som3 brand glaco, just havnt tried it yet

14. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I'm old, I use a tiny drop af fairy liquid wiped on inside of visor, then buffed dry with paper towel, works perfect. A second pair of gloves for when you get caught in the rain and the big flouresent workmens coat, nice n warn and fairly waterproof. I also have one of them waterproof pinny's you ware, fantastic bit of kit.

15. Shaun T

Shaun T New Member

This is great advice, can look into these suggestions and see what works best for me, don't know how far down the line it would have been before I found out about these tips left to myself. Thanks again.

16. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Every day is a learning day riding scooters or bikes, I've only been riding on the road since 1981, I love it just as much today !.

17. Shaun T

Shaun T New Member

Ha, ha, I'll look forward to the next 39 years. Already finding things out that I didn't have a clue about and that's just practicing.

18. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9

Yep I agree, never to old to learn new things
    Been riding my scoot coming up for 6 years and still love it.
    Had one in 1974 when I was 16 for a few years and last 6 years gone back to a scoot.
    Mind you my first moped was really so old looking but, today they do look better and faster.
    OOP's did I say faster, hahahah

19. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Honda ss 50 !