Very confusing problem Peugeot Elystar 125 - 2003

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by BerlinDave, Dec 21, 2017.

1. BerlinDave

BerlinDave New Member

Hi all,

Struggling with a real head scratcher of a problem.

I have a 2003 Elystar 125. It's just been serviced by the scooter shop in Berlin. It drove yesterday for 10km no problems. This morning, it started up, but the ABS light wouldn't go out for 500 meters, which is unusual. Then the lamp for the "lock" went on and wouldn't go off.

Then I drove another 1 km or so, and then the motor rep running but all the electronics went off including the lights. Once I turned the motor off, it wouldn't turn over, again.

The self diagnostic light stays on, and the starter works but the horn and lights won't work. I can't for the life of me figure out the problem, especially as the battery is brand new, and I switched it out with another new fully charged battery to test it.

The two fuses are tightly connected and nothing is rattling.

I embedded a video of trying to start it so someone might say "oh yeah, I've had that problem". I hope someone knows what to do or I am SOL till January 8th because of Christmas and I didn't need this lump of coal in the head, right now.

Any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated. I just bought it yesterday and dismayed that it could be completely ruined.

IMG_0048.JPG IMG_0044.JPG

2. BerlinDave

BerlinDave New Member

Anyone have any ideas here? Going nuts. Can't be the immobilizer as it drove before it suddenly killed all the electronics, motor kept running and then wouldn't turn over and just the K Yellow light is on when the start catches nothing.

I think it's a major electrical failure as the horn won't beep, but tried to brand new fully charged batteries in it, so it's not a power source issue.

3. shane2k

shane2k New Member

if i was you i make the dealership liable for the issue you could contact trading standards because you shouldnt have a issue just after having a service so it seems to me they messed with something and they should be liable for the cost to fix it

also take both fuses out and make sure they not burnt out

but if fuses are fine i contact your trading standards and tell them after the service you had you have a problem and they will most likly tell you that you have a case to take it to court but they might say contact the service people and tell them to repair it but they will fob you off as alot of dealers do

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018