Variator Slider LOST - QUICK!!!

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by JamesNRG, Mar 9, 2010.

1. JamesNRG

JamesNRG New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Extreme
    Lost a Variator slider, ran away when changing rollers, is it okay to use? until i get a new one?

2. Rick-UK

Rick-UK New Member

Rides:
    Runner 200
    are you asking if the bikes ok to use without a variator slider?

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    no, its not ok to use, you need them all or you will bend your crank.

4. JamesNRG

JamesNRG New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Extreme
    Ok thanks, Its in my garage somewhere, Was going to order one, but they are out of stock, Pain..... Anyone got any they could send? :cray:

5. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    you should change them everytime anyway. ring a few dealers they might have a set laying about

6. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    you talking about the little plastic shoes?

7. Rick-UK

Rick-UK New Member

Rides:
    Runner 200
    mate had none on for months, it was metal on metal so it made large groves in the variator (where the sliders should be). I wouldn't recommend it, but don't see how it'd bend your crank..
    but then again.. my mates bike was only a 50.

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    so because your friend bodged his and it fucked up, but didnt bend the crank, your sudgesting he "just ignores it and uses it anyway"

well, for YOUR information, if he runs none, the variator backplate will rotate inside the variator, specificly when the engine is loaded or unloaded (As in when you ether on or off the throttle) this is opbviously not acceptable for anyone but a tiwaneese farmer slinging his generator into his gop cart to drive to the shop of a sunday morning.

if you use 1 or 2 and leave one out, the variator plate comes out unevenly from the variator. THIS cocks the variator sideways (as it would as it cant cock the plate sideways) meaning your crank will be spinning wiht the top further forward than the bottom, thus meaning a STUPIDLY out of balance crank aswell as CONSTANTLY changing belt position (it will run off centre) both these will cause vibration.. vibration that's mass (the weight of the part off centre times the rpm) will overcome the sheer strength of the crank.. basicly the only way for the belt to run straight will be for the crank to bend...

your scooter has power to move you, i think thats more than enough to bend your crank...

you could always ask somone who knows? or dont give out duff advice as it WILL end up in somone taking it,m fucking there bike and then blaming you... the guy who "thought it should be ok"

quite clearly states in the rules, if you dont know dont answer... you obviously didnt know, so dont answer nexct time. im not being a cunt, im saving people TAKING your advice as they WILL fuck parts up.

fact is, if somthing is wrong, fix it... if you KNOWINGLY fuck somthing, then chance it (even if somone says its ok) and your still in doubt, then its best to not do it... things should seem right. the fact you had to ask if it was ok wiht only 2 shows you thought it was wrong... why would there be any if you didnt need them?

9. Rick-UK

Rick-UK New Member

Rides:
    Runner 200
    <snip> actually fuck it, ill only get banned

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ye, for the best really, seing as how im only here to stop people fucking there bike's...

11. JamesNRG

JamesNRG New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Extreme
    It's all okay now, i got one like 20 minutes after this from a mate :good:

Minor, if you wouldnt mind kind sir :hello:

to read my latest topic on The Workshop "Bogging/no power"

12. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ye i read it, dont know how many times i gotta say the sqame thing over and over again.... it worked, you fucked wiht it, it no longer works.. youve obviously done somthing wrong...

if you cant get it right, throw all the standard bits back at it, if it still doesent work youve done somthing wrong thats broken somthing.

go over EVERYTHING even the bits you THINK wont have any effect. every part, nut, bolt, cable and pipe on the bike should be in place.... if you cant get a stock bike working right then its time to pick the phone up and pull the wallet out. not being harsh, but im not wasting my time wiht it anymore... ill help where i can, but im not walking through the same problem day in day out, it drives me mental, wich comes out on the board, and people end up hating me/the site and makes my relationship wiht ANYONE on the site a verry "marmite" situation (everyone ether loves or hates me, basicly)

cant get more thorogh than that i recon, get it running as a stocker, then we start again and you get all the help you need (yet cant find on here already) if you cant, then you gotta give it to somone, wiht some dogh and then you learn what you did wrong.

i learnt from my mistakes, that basicly means ive fucked everything up atleast once.....thought about it enough to sort it/replace whats wrong or end up paying somone else to do it (theres things i do give up wiht like everyone else)

13. JamesNRG

JamesNRG New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Extreme
    Like i said, It's getting better, its fine when its warm, so i don't know... Took it to the local scooter shop, he gave it a ride, and needs upjetting, so ill get that done when i get a carb. As for your above, I guess thats what you get for owning a scooter forum, We are all the same, your pride and joy goes wrong, and the owner instantly gets spammed for a solution, obviously uou dont want to be off thje road, so its the first thing you do, try and get some attention, I cant take my bike back to standard, the baffle has collapsed in the exhaust giving it fuck all performance, I'm talking 30-40 (just about) on flat and 15 up hill.

Currently, When i go full thorttle the engine tone deapens, goes to more of a grunt, and i read somewhere i think on here, about it.so this may be jetting If it is all someone has to do is say, instead of getting into 'arguments' about things, Your he know it all, we need advice, the last thing we want to do is take it to a garage, and let them pull your pants down telling you that you need stuff you don't. Believe me, in our local audi garage, the mechanic stuck his screwdriver through the rad, and it got caught on a planed camera in the car, They are theving bastards, You kjnow your stuff, thats all, I just want it to be all sweet. :good:

14. gregzzz

gregzzz New Member

Rides:
    nrg
    when mine didnt have vairator sliders it does the exact same as u and i put them back on eventually