valves

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by Purplepill, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Purplepill

Purplepill Member

ok i think the noise thing is sorted now, (thread on BCF).

rather than starting a new thread, my bikes got an ignition advance plate, what effect do you think this has on performance? slightly more midrange for slightly less top? on BCF someone mentioned using higher octance fuel?

cheers.

Morgan- the exhaust is MUCH louder than the noise ;)

2. tweak

tweak Member

Advance and retard; to hole your piston or not to hole your piston, basically makes he engine more fierce and sharp when advanced, or softer responding with more controllable power delivery when retarded. It's all to do with the timing of the spark in relation to before or after top dead centre and the piston's position in the barrel at point of ignition. If you want to fiddle have some cash ready and go buy yourself Graham Bell's 4 Stroke Engine tuning book (well worth it)

3. morgan

morgan New Member

I understand fully, straight through jobbie on my senda ;)

4. Purplepill

Purplepill Member

Fucks sake, end can just came off and needs welding back on :msn1: not my lucky day, ran out of petrol 10 miles from my house as well and had to go door to door looking for someone that actually mows there lawn :w00t:

sounds like wank material when your on the throttle, but when you let off it just hurts your ears and sounds terrible, oh well guess the beasts going into storage till next week :( hope the dealer can reweld it while doing the service.

5. morgan

morgan New Member

well that sucks, most people nowadays have those electric lawnmowers :p