Using a bike speedo?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by neosman, Dec 9, 2006.

1. neosman

neosman Member

Is it possible? Plus what are the things needed aswell for it to pass an MOT(such as indicator warning light, high beam light etc)

2. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

PML @ your Avatar! :D

You'l need a horn, a bicycle "heehaw" one will do.

3. neosman

neosman Member

hehe thanks :D

i have already got a horn, its just my speedo doesnt work, and i can't find a speedo drive anywhere, the last one i ordered was for new model neos supposodly, either way it didn't fit?

So I was going to put a pushbike speedo on there, but i didn't know the requirements it would have to be to make it road legal.

Thanks

4. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

a yamaha dealership or ebay should have some neos speedo cables???

ypu could put a bike speedo on by glueing the magnet to the rim, then bodging the display on somehow but it would be better to just find a speedo cable

sam :)

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    as stated in a previouse post, it needs to be backlit.. get the cable as its alot less hassel

6. neosman

neosman Member

Its not the speedo cable thats broken, its the speedo drive, and i cant find another one anywhere.

7. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    for MOT you DONT need the speedo to work, its a loophole, so long as the cable is connected and the drive is in place then it will pass. it dosent actually matter if it works or not.

the joys of UK laws :w00t:

8. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    the loophole is they cant ride your bike to see if it works.. anything you have on your dash has to work by law (and if your bike was fitted with a speedo you need it) but like i said they cant really check it anyway (i check em by kicking the wheel round with a m8 on the back) get down to a yamaha dealer and order the right one this time.. yamaha usually make alot of spares for there bikes during production of the vehicle (and if you orderd one and it was wrong take it back and tell them)

9. Sr-Man

Sr-Man New Member

Ill buy u a digital 1 after chrimbo

Sound gd?