Upgrading my Yamaha Aerox 50cc 2012

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by rustyscooter, Nov 5, 2013.

1. rustyscooter

rustyscooter Active Member

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    I have just bought an Aerox as a project for fun and would appreciate some guidance on how to make it go better, it is completely original as far as I am aware, I want to upgrade it so that it will go a little faster but not necessary raucous, something along the lines of fast acceleration up to 70 MPH perhaps, what should I start with?

rustyscooter

2. Tins81

Tins81 Member

Rides:
    Yamaha Aerox SP55
    70mph is a lot to ask for... Maybe you'd be better off buying a good 125cc scooter and working on that as a project to get around those speeds .

rustyscooter likes this.
  3. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    Aerox upgrade 004.JPG Thank you :) Ok, what would a realistic figure be if I changed the rollers, exhaust, carb, Cylinder, that kind of thing,
    here she is

Attached Files:

4. Dandruff37

Dandruff37 Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 R
    With just bolt on parts like those you have mentioned you should be able to achieve 65mph give or take a few figures

rustyscooter likes this.
  5. Dandruff37

Dandruff37 Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 R
    How much did you pay for that? what year is it

6. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    What should I begin with to start seeing a difference which will match other components later on?

7. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG
    get a decent exhaust, best thing to do first! Would go with a 70cc kit after that

rustyscooter likes this.
  8. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    Can a 100cc cylinder be fitted to this bike, what is the biggest I can change it to?

One more thing, am I in the right section, should I be in scooter projects?

9. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    a 100cc head wouldnt fit

rustyscooter likes this.
  10. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    a good 50cc set up is a motoforce topend and crank and a leo-vince zxr and a stage 6 variator as my mates keep up with a 125cc yamaha xt125 till 55mph and i think it gets about 65mph on his speedo so id say it dosr 60mph

rustyscooter likes this.
  11. Subw00fer

Subw00fer Snqʍ00ɟǝɹ

Rides:
    70cc NRG

not a 100cc, but there are big bore kits that go up to about 94cc you can get, but they require a different crankshaft and case work

12. KyleH

KyleH Member

Rides:
    Aerox 11 Plate
    Streetrace 70cc, stage 6 pro rep exhaust, 17.5mm carb, malossi multivar is what i have on mine sits at 60mph easy. I'd change the crank to a performance one to be sure, if you want anything over 70cc case work will have to be done (i think!). Or maybe look into swapping the whole engine to a 100cc aerox, but i think everyone rates 100cc's as shit.

Good luck :)

13. Alex Barnes

Alex Barnes Active Member

Surely a standard 100cc engine is better than a tuned 50 /70 engine dunno how people can rate them as shit

14. Dandruff37

Dandruff37 Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 R

No the 100cc aerox engines are shit they are air cooled. Shit for tuning and not as fast as a tuned 70

15. Alex Barnes

Alex Barnes Active Member

fair do's yeh i know what u mean about air cooled engines n tuning them i had a trekker 50 (pug) n put a new crank in it an balanced it along with a motoforce 70 kit and gear up kit with a 21mm dellorto carb and zx pipe n was pritty shit outcome tbh where as someone who did a speedfight 2 lc got more from it ( speedfights and trekkers have same engines pretty much )

16. Dandruff37

Dandruff37 Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 R
    All peugeot 50cc 2T air cooled engine are the same and theyre shit but the liquid cooled ones are actually half decent but dont even compart to the likes of a runner/aerox etc

17. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    I was told to put in a sito plus standard exhaust on and a 68 jet in my gurtner carb, and go from there

18. Dandruff37

Dandruff37 Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 R
    That sounds like your standard setup

19. rustyscooter

Rides:
    Aerox, Harley, Blade
    I think that was the idea, to put it back to a standard setup to find out what was wrong and go from there.

Can you tell me how to open the clutch pulleys so that I can get the vairiator belt on, please see picture.

Aerox vairiator belt short 004.JPG

20. Dandruff37

Dandruff37 Active Member

Rides:
    Aprilia SR50 R
    Providing your contra spring isn't to stiff you can pull them a little with your hands and then prize it over the boss