Update to Jefr0s Runner being stolen

Discussion in 'Scooter Related News' started by Jefr0-180, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

http://scootershack.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=172

Got a letter through the post this morning about compensation.

Getting £1,500 for 'Scar face minor disfigurement'

Won't ever bring back my bike but its a early Xmas/Birthday present :rofl:

2. StEvO

StEvO Active Member

as you said, will never make up for all the time and effort you put into the bike, but atleast you've received something back bruv

3. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Yeah I was talking to the police on the night and they said that it's rare that people try to get compensation because of the time it takes and they don't think they'll get anything. It's worth a try because I needed this money when it happened so I could get another bike..now I got it, it can go towards a new bike after uni ;)

If anyone wants any info on how to claim then I'll put it up

4. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

so have the police found the thieves and the compo was off them? or what is there a government scheme?

5. RY4N172

RY4N172 New Member

Fair play lol

6. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Na the theives were never found, neither the bike, only traces you see on ebay and gumtree. The compensation was from Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority with may be governement.

It was for the stitches they gave me, it's hardly noticeable, you wouldn't see it if I didn't tell ya.

:punk:

7. gazell

gazell Active Member

glad your lucks turned mate..are you planning another custom job

8. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Cheers mate, yeah got one on the way!

I've posted random pics about on here of it, will make a project page when I get time....alot of custom bits, more than the other 1 ;)

9. dell boi

dell boi New Member

helo jefro im sorry bout ur bike m8. did you get any insurence
    money ?

10. lol

lol New Member

unlucky mate so r u goin to do another runner and where did u get your seat covered and how much did it cost

11. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Thanks mate, couldn't really do alot at the time.

The only money I got out of it was the compensation. Nothing at all for insurance as I was only TPO (Third Party Only) so that doesn't cover me for theft. Not going to go into why I didn't get TPFT..too much to explain.

Cheers, yeah got another runner on the way as we speak, was workin on it during the summer and it started like this:

[​IMG]

It's a 4 stroke (Monty ;) ) 125. You won't be able to able to recognise it when it's done....Not. One. Part. :cool:

Got the seat covered by Saz's Saddle's, may be able to google it? Think I paid 60-80 but that was because it was the best leather they had and each letter was individually cut out and stitched.

Might have a phone number somewhere if you can't find the link.

12. lol

lol New Member

yh cheers for that and y a 4t its all about the 2t

13. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

It's not for me, it's for the magazines..don't see many custom 4 strokes (well I don't anyway)

Then selling on. I'll make a project page maybe at the weekend.

14. gazell

gazell Active Member

make sure u get a project page up mate..then i'll have something decent to read over the weekend

15. connor

connor Active Member

hi sorry about your bike but i am sure i have sen a 50 runner driveing around the harrow area with them pannels on

16. munk

munk New Member

how did they rob it in the first place and how did you get the scar?

17. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

It's been a long time now, my bits on the bike are all over the place, take a picture next time because I think there may be another one around with a similar paint job, was on ebay a while ago.

Read the second sentence:

http://www.scootershack.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=172

18. connor

connor Active Member

ok then will do mate

19. munk

munk New Member

wankers they wouldnt of tried it if you was with a mate.there pussyclarts ganging up on one person.

20. Jefr0-180

Jefr0-180 Active Member

Munk, ya never know till ya in that situation, if I was with a mate, yeah we could of had them, but guess where they would be every day till they saw me again, alone or with a mate, but this time they had more people or weopens or both.

If there was me and a mate, how do you know they are not going to pull a knife, because there's a really good chance they will.

Not alot you can do in this situations mate.