Universal Scooter Parts?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by tazhearts, Dec 13, 2013.

1. tazhearts

tazhearts New Member

I am going to see this scooter tomorrow with a view to buying it....

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/barossa-125-xs-2008/1041682018

It's a Barossa 125 XS (2008)

According to the ad it needs a few things done to it although hopefully mostly cosmetic. My question is how universal are scooter parts for non brand name scooters such as this one. My big worry if buying a scooter like this and then not being able to find any parts for it. The exhasut for example. I have looked online I can't find much about Barossa as a Scooter Manufacturer or many parts for it.

I previously owner a Piagio Zip (50cc) and parts were easy to get hold of. Have decided the 50cc was too slow and dangerous for commuting (struggled to get up to 25mph - I'm 16 stone).

Does anyone have any knowledge of the Barossa Scooter?

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Never heard of them,
    How's about asking previous owner / as he may have had thoughts or maybe even done a little tacit research into spares pipeline,self.,
    I'd be cautious about buying universal parts myself as they generally only cover basics and may not be completely bike specific.mk.

3. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    £225? surely you can get a used 125cc thats in better condition...? i've seen Bikes going in my area with just minor bits needed changing for around that price or a little more.

4. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Not in s......g London you won't!. :) .

5. GazD

GazD Active Member

dont touch the thing,,,,,complete waste of time

theres a reason all these crappy scoots are so cheap to buy brand new,,,,cheap materials and no quality control

you would end up spending a tonne of money on it only to find out it keeps braking,snapping,bending or worse case killing someone

jeez these cheaps scoots mind me up!!!! makes me what to kick my dog!!!

JoJo and Mark Emerson Trentham like this.
  6. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    I'm gonna buy one of these cheap,crappy scooters one day just to see what's up!-
    But only after i've got my c90 otr. ;) .

7. GazD

GazD Active Member

c90,,,,,,,,,,i need another one of these for so many reasons!!!!

perfect work horse
    stick some crosser tyres on and its a beast off road
    you can fit so many different engines its funny,,,50cc,,90cc,,110cc,,,125cc,,,140cc,,,160cc
    holds its value
    they keep going after youve ridden through duck ponds

its just a bugger every little tea leaf knows how to steal them

8. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Like the little end quote.....
    You are'nt going to be trying to dissuade a prospective e/b rival bidder in da future ,
    Would you,ha ha ha. :D .

9. GazD

GazD Active Member

hahaha not at all mate

where iam from we call them 'joey 90s',,,,,,,a few year back when they were everywere you could go down to any rough estate and buy one for a tenner,,,no joke,,,,i paid £7 and a few ciggies for one many moons ago,,,,young and stupid ay,but a good laugh all the same

10. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Paid a coupla 100 for my last one,about 20 yrs ago / but that was like ex knowledge an weekly serviced etc. lessthan 10k + pukka,
    Yea- bikes used to get fornext to nowt when younger (dreamy thinking now.......). :) .

11. tazhearts

tazhearts New Member

Thanks for the input. Now thinking I should hold out for a brand name so that parts are easier to come by. Considering this one but it looks a bit pricey for it's age. Also could a 50cc really
    do 50mph? I wouldn't need to do my CBT on 50cc saving me 140 quid but worried a 50cc would be to slow. My route into work is a 40 zone most of the way.

12. tazhearts

tazhearts New Member

13. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Unrestricted 50cc would do 40/50 easy / but if that's the speed you'll wanting to be traveling at on a regular basis,you'll be near the top of it's range most of the time.
    80-100 cc sounds like it would suit you perfect,
    It's what i'd choose if I were looking at 40-60 mph.mk.