Unable to pullup from a stop going uphill

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Neo Echavez, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Neo Echavez

Neo Echavez New Member

Hi peeps. Have you experienced scooter issues when pulling up a hill from a stop? Got issues with mine, runs really fast on flat like 90km/hr. I can get up a hill fine but need some momentum. But then from a stop, i just cant pull away and i dont know why. Moves like 20km/hr and struggles that i just have to make a u turn. Also felt like it starts to bog down. Seen other 50cc scooters go up the same hill from a stop and they seem to pull up with ease compared to me? I currenlty have a stage6 70cc sports pro cylinder, technigas exhaust, stage6 sports pro variator, stage6 medium torque spring, 1000rpm clutch spring, and 4.5gm rollers. I think the previous owner of this scooter has up geared final drive with 15/42 ratio if i'm not wrong. I dont know if that affects uphill performance. I just couldn't gain momentum when going uphill from a stop. Does it have something to do with clutch springs for take off from a stop going uphill? I seem to have quite a good quick take off with it on flat but also felt like it engages a wee bit below the power band. Torque spring? I am not sure what rpm range my stage 6 medium is though. Any help, thanks.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018