Ug 110 - barel bodge?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by luke_2401, Aug 15, 2011.

1. luke_2401

luke_2401 New Member

Hello there :)
    I have a suzuki ug 110, which is a pretty uncommon scoot.
    I bent the frame being stupid (whelies in a confined space 2 days after passing my cbt), and have since siezed the engine trollying it around a quarry.
    Its a right skip, but i can source a frame, and the bottom end is fine. I have all the plastics and the loom intact so im looking to turn it into a nice little project (well, its not going to be little) :glare:
    Only issue is, top ends for this dont exist... Bad times.
    Does anyone know what other bike uses this engine? Its 110cc a/c 2 stroke, aparantly made by hyosung for suzuki.
    Failing that, here is a silly idea.
    Could i get another barrel, for example a gilly 125 top end and modify this to fit?
    The problems i can forsee are;
    1) The stud pattern may be different
    2) The ports wont flow into the engine at all
    3) exhaust choice is going to suck balls, mainly because it wont exist.
    4) The crank strokes need to be matched, or the crank changing all together.

I dont want to replace the whole engine, i know it would be far easier but id really like to set myself a challenge in this.

Is it a relaistic idea to fill in the old stud holes and redrill new ones, and bugger about with the cases to get them to accept the new top end?
    This ped is knackered beyond all belief and holds next to no resale value due to the rarity of the model so im not to fussed about messing it up.

2. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Buy a new bike.

3. luke_2401

luke_2401 New Member

I saw that coming :)
    I want to resurect this one as it was my first :cray:
    Somehow i overlooked the possiability of a rebre..... *facepalm*

4. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

I'm all for a project or tuning a bike to improve it but you need a decent bike in the first place. Seriously just buy a new bike.