typhoon lc conversion

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by typhgilly, Jul 17, 2016.

1. typhgilly

typhgilly New Member

Sorry I'm new to the forum, and need a little help ! I'm trying to do this conversion atm having a little trouble with trying to put a gilera runner lc model engine in the typhoon chassis but using the fuel tank from the typhoon but noticed the fuel taps are different on the gilera to the typhoon, how can I use the typhoon fuel tank?
    New to the scooter modding and any advice would be appreciated

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    What cc Typhoon and what cc runner engine? Also the petrol taps are the same.

3. typhgilly

typhgilly New Member

Thanks for the help 50 typh frame and 50 gilera runner lc engine

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    The engine will fit straight in, if the runner engine is a disc then you'll need to fit a rear master cylinder or same set up as front brake, this will work fine. I do have a spare if needed!
    12 or13" rear wheel? The petrol tap is simple, top outlet=petrol, bottom=vacuum from inlet manifold.
    Mounting the rad is'nt easy on a typhoon, you'll have to work that out yourself or easy way is to fit NRG front panel!

5. typhgilly

typhgilly New Member

Thanks for the advice the gilera engine is a rear disk brake, I just kept the gilera rear brake setup as is and was going to do a renthal bar conversion and change the front brake setup if that's possible and one last question the temp sensor needs to be wired back into the loom

6. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    A bar conversion would probably mean using a KOSO type speedo, if it has a temp gauge it will have the wiring diagram with it,possibly live feed+ through the clocks then through temp sender on the head to earth-.

7. typhgilly

typhgilly New Member

thanks a lot Marsh for your help! will try an post a pic up of my lil project