Typhoon 50cc conversion to a 125cc

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by jimmytyph, Jun 16, 2009.

1. jimmytyph

jimmytyph New Member

That’s what I thought because I couldn’t see 8mm on each side at all. I cut it down using a angle grinder, the engine mounts I have cut down are cut all the way so they are in line with the two vertical bars, and the engine fits tight. All my wiring is done to a good standard and looks original and not a bodgery, I’m not a bodgery guy. I'm getting the bike m.o.t'd soon anyway and will see if it passes. The bike does feel like it wants to power wheelie but that was just a test ride.

You took the words out of my mouth, " it's predicting drivers stupidity ", that’s why I am a good rider it's like I can predict the future and I know how to ride as well.

But I will take your advice into serious consideration and see how the bike rides for a week or two and see if I feel safe on it and to see whether the bike seems it can actually survive a 125 engine.

2. 2stroke-power

2stroke-power Active Member

Rides:
    on 1-wheel
    yes ive seen a few that have broken ,y would i say i have if i havent unlike some people im not a dickhead .hence im tryed to help you alot on this project .witch i realy should not have seing how rude your geting ,ive seen one snap while my mate was driving along ,and seen a lot with cracks in them ,just about to snap ,mate seeing as you have never build a convertion take some advise from people that have ,end off day its your bike your life ,have fun when your engine mounts snap at 60 mph on the a roads ,fact is u didnt even know how to do the covertion ,take some more time on it a least get it safe as posible ,witch swing arm are u using take a pic

3. jimmytyph

jimmytyph New Member

4. Runner-Joe

Runner-Joe New Member

Rides:
    Typh 125
    im doing my conversion runner 50-125 and on the 125 engine the mounting parts have rubber bushes that slot into the 50cc sub frame :confused:cratch: but i dont know if the 125 typhoon ac engine has this :confused: ??

5. jimmytyph

jimmytyph New Member

you got a pic?

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    LOL engine straight to frame? yes it fits with a bolt.. but is FAR to close to the frame, the top of the cylinder will hit the bottom of the seat bucket support and the exhaust wotn fit....

this is why people who dont have a clue should just BUY A 125 RUNNER/TYPHOON

7. 2stroke-power

Rides:
    on 1-wheel
    are you tryin to say you wacked the engine in without the swing arm ? that smacked it ,,,funny thing ive head for a while i fort his typh convertion was dangous but that tops it

8. jimmytyph

jimmytyph New Member

is there any way i can make my typh coversion safer??

Also will a nrg rear & front wheel just fit straigh on?

9. jimmytyph

jimmytyph New Member

has anyone got a typhoon 125 wiring diagram?

Does anyone know the colour order for the 4 wires that go into the ignition switch?

also what size main jet would suit a standard 125 with a 25mm carb & air filter on?

10. 2stroke-power

Rides:
    on 1-wheel
    buy a hanyns manual £15 u will find it usfull digram in there ,u need to work out jets yourself ,

11. jimmytyph

jimmytyph New Member

will a nrg rear & front wheel just fit straigh on?

12. LEE

LEE Member

no typh front forks are diff

13. jimmytyph

jimmytyph New Member

why do typhoon 125's drink so much petrol even with a standard carb on?

14. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    coz there 125's?

is this silly fucking question week or somthing?

15. Runner-Joe

Runner-Joe New Member

Rides:
    Typh 125
    jimmy just do the conversion.

plenty have been done and some done right and wrong.

its up too you if you do it right or wrong.

ive taken mine appart now so i have no pics, i put the sub frame on the 50cc frame
    then put the 125 engine onto the subframe. so i done it right (grinded down the sides of the sub frame so the 125 engine would fit in tight)

its all good, and dont worry about the engine bushes. there on the subframe and on the mounting points on the 125 engine block. so its all good

just go ahead with it mate, but make sure you have all the part and equipment before starting the conversion ;)

as i said, mines fine and im an amatuer tuner/ noob

16. Runner-Joe

Runner-Joe New Member

Rides:
    Typh 125
    upgrade...

forks
    brakes
    head light
    clocks

get...

125 full engine and carb
    125 wireing loom
    rear wheel
    shock absorber
    125 radiator
    50cc dual armed sub frame

And that should be the main things realy
    then its putting it all together, which is piss easy, and people will guide you
    how to do it. if not on here diffrent forums. wont name any

but youl be in safe hands :D good luck mate :cheers:

Djskidotter likes this.
  17. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

There already is info on how to do it on this forum. Plenty of it as long as you use the search.

Always makes me laugh when people who don't get an answer written out to them and put on a plate have a hissy fit yet if they did what they were supposed to do before making ANY NEW TOPIC by searching they would find out their info in a matter of mins.

The point is that it isn't as easy as it's made out to be. It's very easy to say "yeah just slap this in and do that" but in reality unless you actually have a clue which as far as i can tell from this topic you do not you will have a hopeless time of getting it done. If you do manage to it will be a death trap and this is not something we want to openly advertise people should do on our forum.

"conversions" are popping up all over the place as people are more than happy to slap together a 125 out of a legit 50 and a load of stolen bits as we all know it's getting a lot harder to find a legit 125 out there that you would be happy to buy to part up for a 50 conversion...?! Do not for one minute think that they are all in complete safe and working order. In actual fact I'd be betting my life on 95% aren't.

I'd be taking both Minors and gileratyphoon172's advice as they aren't just repeating someone else's experiences. This is first hand information before it gets diluted by the Chinese whisper effect of online forums.

18. Runner-Joe

Runner-Joe New Member

Rides:
    Typh 125
    your totaly right.

but if you do do the conversion, do it properly

19. jimmytyph

jimmytyph New Member

Everything is done now and is working an riding fine for now anyway.

Runner joe, what do you mean by "50cc dual armed sub frame"?

20. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    agree totaly wiht tero... conversions are ok if done correctly.. the mounts do wear out eventually no matter how well there done, its just not made for the weight and stress the 125 engine causes. theres fuck all point converting a typh or runner from 50 tho.. totally pointless. i have a 125 frame that i need to send back off as its come back as a 50 (was first registerd a 125) so somones got round it that way.. still illegal.

buy the frame/bike you want to build.. if you cant buy it then convert one from a 50. there are typh 125's and nrg pannels fit fine so fuck all point.. runners? i dont gwet why people want a 125 runner, they fel unsafe, letalone a 50 conversion.