Typhoon 50cc conversion to a 125cc

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by jimmytyph, Jun 16, 2009.

1. jimmytyph

jimmytyph New Member

I have got typhoon 50 2007 handlebars and typhoon 125 R reg handlebars.
    Should I put the 125 handlebars on the 2007 50 frame?

I would use a 125 frame but I'm not older enough to ride a 125 so that's why im doing a conversion.

2. 2stroke-power

2stroke-power Active Member

Rides:
    on 1-wheel
    yeh use the 125 bars

3. jimmytyph

jimmytyph New Member

ok....

Have you got ac 172 kit for sale or know anyone who has one for sale?

4. 2stroke-power

Rides:
    on 1-wheel
    u dont but second hand barrels there a waste ov money spend 100 pound more and buy a new one

5. jimmytyph

jimmytyph New Member

where would it be a good place to mount the regulator so it does not interfere with the front and ignition panel?

6. 2stroke-power

Rides:
    on 1-wheel
    your asking to many questions,i know this one but ill let you find / work it out yourself,its good to learn ,if you realy carnt sort it post back

7. LEE

LEE Member

you dont have to use gilly clocks if you got vxrs typh clocks work fine
    you can either cut the frame for vxrs or grind the lil guide pin off bottom of typh bars and notuse the extra castle nuts

8. 2stroke-power

Rides:
    on 1-wheel

9. jimmytyph

jimmytyph New Member

My bad lol....i mounted the regulator where the horn screws into, fits nice and looks original, i was lazy to try it before I went out and worked on it.

yeah the loom is sorted everything working, the 125 clocks are on. the 125 throttle system is on, got the 125 handlebars on, the 50's handlars have got the slightest difference..

I cut the engine mounts and the engine is in, nice and tight

how much are dopple forks second hand? and where is the cheapest place to get an ac 172 kit?

10. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    hmm, this thing aint gonna ride straight, be insured correctly and may well end up killing you.....

"hey, ive not a clue about how to do it but can somone tell me how to cut up an engine mount so i can make a 30mph scooter do 80, after removing and replacing every part on said bike myself again wiht no idea how they work"

if this doesent seem silly to everyone i should just plain shoot myself... your building a conversion.... so basicly making a bike from 2 others, when you NEED the ENTIRE bike to do the conversion.... so why not just use the typh 125 youve just ripped to bits/bought in parts? oh thas right, you cant wait till your 17 so dont mind riding illegally/knowing your just gonna boot out if you do actually have ana ccident/kill somone on the road, wich is highly likely given your experience/time on the road...

typh conversions are a WASTE of time.. the ONLY time to use a 50 frame for a typh/nrg is if your racing it and need easy access to the exhaust/engine.. there fuck all good on the road. especially when theres a typh 125, with the right (big) fuel tank system with the correct engine mounting system...

good luck ether way, your gonna need it riding this thing.. i can garante its not tracking right (this means both wheels in line going the same way)

11. jimmytyph

jimmytyph New Member

listen rude boy if i just kept da 50's engine and put a 70's onit then it would be the same thing(riding illegally), so why not put a 125 engine in...anyway its done now and im not going back

Just because I haven't been riding for a long time like you im guessing, doesn't mean im a shit rider.....i know how to ride, i ride everyday, ive got that superman vision and handling lol

what is the worst that can happen or is happening when putting a 125 engine in a 50 frame

By how much do you think it is not tracking wright?

12. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    its not gonna ride straight..and how bad? enough to kill at speed. you have NOT had road experience so any riding experience is worthless tbh.,.. you can be rossi on a track and die in 5 mins on the road if you dont know what your doing (wich nobody does at first, hence your limited to 30mph?!?!)

so "you listen rudeboy" you just built a bodged up mess from a perfectly good typh... out of a perfectly good typh 125 somone stripped to bits for whatever reason (usually the wrong reasons..... why take a typh to bits afterall?) your bike is a poor immitation of a 125.. may aswell have gone all out an just welded your plate on a 125.. make a real ringer, its basicly what you have anyway., good luck wiht traffic police and there little photobook full of 172 kits 25mm caqrbs and telltale sighns of 125 engines.

13. mk14

mk14 Member

Rides:
    zip sp 70
    Killing yourself?

Or even worse, Killing someone you dont know... :rules:

14. jimmytyph

jimmytyph New Member

alright rudeboy, is the engine mount going to break or something or is the whole frame going to snap in half?

What exactly is going to happen?

Is there anyway that the bike can be made to ride straight?

15. 2stroke-power

Rides:
    on 1-wheel
    well not right swing arm hence u hade to cut it,theres no silent block ,hence a 30mph bike dose not need it less vibrtions ect ect ,,y do u think the frames a diffent , so yer swing can snap easily ,

16. jimmytyph

jimmytyph New Member

seen.......have u seen it happen to someone before?

17. 2stroke-power

Rides:
    on 1-wheel
  18. jimmytyph

jimmytyph New Member

how did it happen was the person just riding along or what?

Are you just saying you have seen it happened so you don't look like a dickhead or have you really?

19. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    any BADLY cut engine mount will fail.. you didnt cut it square on a machine, doubtfull if its even in the right place. its not "8mm off ether side) as theres not 8mm on one side pertruding... the bar is made for a 50 engine bouncing about, they fail yearly on every conversion done (yes iut happens to EVERY 50 mount not just one here an there) the engine has no cradle or silent block so is solid mounted to the frame.. wheely's/spins the rear wheel alot easier (not good in bends) add to this the fact every cable and wire on the bike is probably now in the wrong place and you have a recipe for disaster...

conversions im not against... badly done conversions i am and yes ive seen a hell of alot. everyone advising you against it has done one and now uses a 125 frame

20. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    atleast have somone with experience have a look... as in smoone who hasent built a conversion but has built a conversion and then MOT'D the thing... 99% of conversions i see are completly illigal bikes made from stolen bits out of sheer lazyness/not wanting to spend money on the things you want....there veritable deathtraps... even somthing as silly as 1mm out on the engien mount = 1 degree minimum swing left or right on the rear wheel... pivitong from the mount outwards by 1 degree makes over an inch. meaning your wheel is probably a minimum of 2cm over to one side or the other... meaning you will be riding up the road sideways, the bike will corner better one direction and skip in another and the thing will shake like fucking mad when it comes down from a wheely (if it even wheely's straight in the first place)

i pick at things/conversions as ive done alot.. and seen prittymuch everything that can happen to a typh conversion... usually there just plain written off with a hospital tripo within a month or two.. ether out of poor build or the fact the owner wont stop for the police and crash as if there building an illigal bike at the wrong age things like insurance/tax wont be correct (or even present)

dont assume you have experience riding.. off road dont mean FUCK all on the road.. its fuck all to do wiht riding ability. its predicting drivers stupidity and applying what you learn over the years. hence they start everyone slow.. the 30mph restriction was put in because lots of kids were DYING.. its not just to be assholes. yes its annoying for the most of us, but your not to know that while you were riding restricted you would have crashed on a higher power machine.

have somone look it over first off.... go from there.... id personally save all the bits, put it back to a 50 and just build a 125 complete while you wait for your 17th... 70's aint bad. i ride one daily an im 26... got my lil project 125's on the go on the side but nothing beats a 50 for plain getting about