Typhoon 172 malossi with NEW problems!

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by pamarakos, Sep 2, 2017.

1. pamarakos

pamarakos Member

Hi
    I've got my 125 ac typhoon converted to 172 malossi with a phbl 25 carb (pm990 kit jetted for the std airbox) and a pm variator almost 6 years ago. It was working fine till last 2-3 months.
    First problem
    I've replaced my 20x17 rollers to 11.5gr by DrPulley 2 months ago. After only let's say 1000km oil pump little belt was cut because of the oil pump gear although it was installed brand new when we replaced the rollers so I've got it to my workshop to replace it and when he opened the cover he found the rollers fully damaged (one roller's in fact was only the metal part left) and also the main "axle" of the variator plate was also worn. Malossi belt had 1/3 of its teeth cut out!! So what I did is put on a Malossi Multivar 2000 and a new malossi belt again!!
    So one question is what could have caused such a damage in such a sort while?

Second problem (older one)
    Since last year I got my bike always running too rich, although we've downsized the jet by almost two or three numbers. Even on idle last 2-3 months it was even going off on the traffic lights when waiting on the red light. Especially last month idle screw was completely closed. Just giving some more info I've converted to runner 180 stator together with a malossi cdi. I've tried stock cdi, another coil again same thing happens maybe at softer state but the same. Last winter I've had my cylinder-piston rebuilt but nowadays that all this is happening I've measured compression and it's at 10.5-11, so I don't think that this had something to do with my problem. Could it be the carb itself? Of course I've had it thoroughly cleaned twice even in ultrasound. My guy at the workshop said it happened again in the past but I need a second opinion from someone in here with the same symptoms, if anyone.

Please don't mix the two problems, 2nd one is much older, maybe two or three years now we always go down and down on the mixture. 1st one appeared this year in such a sort period of time / so little km.

Thanks for your time.