typhoon 125 top speed 63mph???

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by ziggy_tph125, Aug 4, 2014.

1. ziggy_tph125

ziggy_tph125 SONIC BOOOOM!!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typoon 125,
    Got a 52 rolling nut tph 125 with a carbon reed, pm 360, 12.5 rollers, 102 jet, malossi red filter, I can get to 60 rapid then creep to 63, 64, and down hill 69. I clocked today if I ease of the throttle nearly quatre turn it does same speed but a shit load quieter, when I open it up again it gets louder but goes no faster almost feels slower ? Is that all she has or should I ever see 75 mph on the clock? If so what is the answer? Thanks guys I will wait for replys patiently

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Main jet is to big, std typhoon is booked at about 62mph, 75 is a bit optimistic.

3. Ben wickes

Ben wickes Member

To be honest the main jet sounds big, as MARSH says, but my typhoon 125 will get to 60 pretty quickly but it does hit 75 if I tuck in.... But again this is only clock speed!

4. ziggy_tph125

Rides:
    Piaggio Typoon 125,
    lol i hear that lads, thanks for your input also, i just got a dello 25mm gana fit it and run it on that till i get the 172 kit next couple of weeks, is there anything i need to know or will she run fine with a 25mm carb on a 125 bore?

5. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I'd leave the std carb on it with the std barrel, also the std carb will work fine with a 172 kit, just upjet to around a 92 main jet. worth a try!

6. ziggy_tph125

Rides:
    Piaggio Typoon 125,
    What should I be expecting to see on my speedo is what im trying to sort of find out so I know if its running good as it should be