typhoon 125 (minors chicks scoot)

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by MiNoR cOnFuSiOn, Jul 20, 2009.

1. PrettyDodgyDave

PrettyDodgyDave Member

Rides:
    Runner 180
    lol at bait :lol:

:D mine passed wihtout a speedo cable were are you going for mot's ?

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    somwhere legal cheers.. hasent failed, just havent taken it down as its still missing a couple things.

bikes can pass an mot without a speedo, pointis they SHOULDENT.... id liek this bike to pass ANYWHERe not just my friends mot centre.. as should you all. an mot is the minimum safety requirement.. ignoring this and getting an mot from a friendly person is not doing anyone any favors, mostly you.

but ye, no chance of a 172 befor crimbo.. wouldent wash if i was to buy one so she aint getting one till crimbo :D

3. PrettyDodgyDave

PrettyDodgyDave Member

Rides:
    Runner 180
    i dont know the guy or garage who done it (obviously i know the garage but you know what i mean?) so this shouldnt have passed o_O makes me wthink what else he may have missed :(

4. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    Minor, just noticed the bit about the chemical peel on the inner panels to bring back the colour. i've heard it done to car bumpers to bring back the black without painting

whats involved and howz it done?

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    its my own little concoction. a mix of m.e.k and zippo lighter petrol (verry fucking flamible) its basicly a sofend acid, just turns the verry top of the plastic to liquid briefly...

better option is just use the lighter fluid, rub it hard with a duster then wd40 weekly.. does the same thing, just doesent last as long

6. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    minor also drinks that potion in this spare time, ;)

7. connor

connor Active Member

Very good project. happy times :good:

8. Runner-Joe

Runner-Joe New Member

Rides:
    Typh 125
    :good: bringing an old project back to the board....

real good mate, we are still waiting on vids :beg: :lol: im liking the idea of the chemical wash of the inners and love the pink pannels

very very good project hats off to you my friend :hello: :thumbsup:

9. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    its sat out front waiting for the hot weather (and a little more riding on her part, let her gewt used to it again) then a few tunning goodies..

didnt bohter with vids as its a stock typh wiht a pipe.... nothing special. managed a good 6 hours of 2's up riding in iow tho (ragging alot too) with no fan cover, cant be bad (this ol engine's a good un i tell ya LOL its a p reg engine)

10. Runner-Joe

Runner-Joe New Member

Rides:
    Typh 125
    ooooh ok got you :thumbsup: ill be patient then haha

11. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ok, hot weather has arrived and as promised i have an update.

there are no visual updates as it looks the same, so fuck all point in pics. i have however had lots of trouble registering the frame, so ive ditched it, stripped my typh down and like the loving boyfriend i am built hers from the remains (the rest of wich has been sold or put aside for a later project)
    so..... ive had to mod the frame for the forks/engine (As its a 50 frame) also had to remake some mounts for things like the rectifier and the master cylinder mount (wich was there, but fucked) no point in pics, all boring. i have however got a 172 and 25mm carb sitting here to go on tomorrow so will get a couple running vids an some pics. it wont be anything special, its her first 172 afterall so no porting, keeping the technigas (she wont part wiht the can she spent a few days polishing LOL)but its still worth a lil update and a couple pics/vids...

but ye, tomorrow's the day :)

12. adz452

adz452 Member

Rides:
    Vespa T5
    any news on this is it built up and running yet? would love to see some vids

13. italjohn

italjohn Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Is this your Typhoon?

This Typhoon was in the latest T&G.
    I think it's writen MRT on the front.

[​IMG]

14. bait

bait Active Member

yea thts it

15. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    yup, thats the one... and now for sale unfortunatly

16. Zippa 17's

Zippa 17's New Member

Rides:
    Gilly 172
    beatufil bike from a heap of parts into a masterpiece lol shame its for sale now :(

17. stevegti2

stevegti2 Member

as typhs go thats one of the better looking ones the gilera forks and wheels make al the difference :good:

18. DanielG8873

DanielG8873 New Member

Rides:
    Aprilia RS 50
    Shame about selling it after all the hard work, but very nice build any how!