typhoon 125 (minors chicks scoot)

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by MiNoR cOnFuSiOn, Jul 20, 2009.

1. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooook.... alot of you may know of this project/poor pile of some bits that claims to be a bike, but yes its started.

we set out this weekend with one mission (well) to have a tidy garden, new shed and a scoot to play with. so sunday we jumped in the car and ran back to london.. 5 hours later we were on our way with prittymuch an entire typhoon in the back of a renault megane coupe (ye, dont try it, not easy ATALL, shame i never got a pic)
    set out to polishing a few bits and painting the frame, polishing the engine and painting the pans this week. wont be anything special speed wise as its an old type engine and so cant have a new crank (well it can but its ALOT of fucking about) being painted pink and maybe yellow altho the mre i draw/colour it in it doesent look right so it may go 2 tone pink or pink an purple or just go silly wiht layerd pearl's,coloured clears, flakes and metalic's but thats sommin to figure when i actually get to buying paint. this is what i got so far

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

more to come, lemmi know what you think ;)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

few more bits done

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nice Nice!
    [​IMG]

Got to love it! think i might leave the endcan off for the IOW and really get that 2 stroke goodness ;)

[​IMG]

going for pink flames ripping up the rear mud gard! eventually going to pink powder coat them rims to :clapping:

[​IMG]

A little tester on the shed door - but man that is one sexy pink!

[​IMG]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:good:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your wish is my command

[​IMG]

the one on the rights mine :grin:

[​IMG]

:hello:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

need a bigger shed - for drying panels!

[​IMG]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

couldent wait, got impatient and flat sanded these 2 pans real quick (not done and the paint is tecnically wet so ill need to redoo these but oh well..)

colour was not my choice obv

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

need to get on and do it properly..all i seem to be doing is waiting for paint to dry. acrylic enamel sucks!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, well been a busy day... got 5 coats on everything and it was all going well... untill the last pannel. spluttery can (not mix'd right i doubt) went on heavy, reacted.. blah blah. it was a fresh can (first pannel painted wiht this can) so i can but hope i can flat it back and get away wiht the remainder of the other cans for the last pannel.. but oh well, chemicals can go wrong somtimes.

some fresh pics, still wet, not flat/polished atall yet (there drying still obviously) was hoping to get them done tomorrow but will obviously have to leave flatting/sanding down on the last pannel till sunday. plenty else to do on it.. anyway, pics..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and the dirty reaction :rant:

[​IMG]

just to see the stock piaggio quality paint... LOL

[​IMG]

ok, after lots and lots of sanding i managed to sort the pan (well, its heavy primed and drying) top pannel is done just need to sand/prime/paint the bellypan black to match the clock pannel..

polly got her ass in gear wiht some more polishing (pics to prove it was her) didnt do a bad job atall on the can :D:D cover and a GOOD clean and its just putting it together now. welkl, few little bits an bobs but nothing too major, aint gonna be finnished by iow by no means but it certianly will be better than mot standard :D

todays work so far
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

more tomorrow ;)

little update, did the top pannel yesterday (again, nothings wet sanded yet) and thought id share the paint fuckup (missing metalic and non matching colour) so painting that tonight for the 3rd time (thats 3rd top so will be around 35 coats of paint in a week, great)
    anyway

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

might just have this nearly built today (minus the side pan obv)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nearly there :grin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few crap pictures of it finished

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. bait

bait Active Member

forks look good shood be a good one whats your plans engine wise

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    not sure.. wanna just 172 it but if the crank go's i gotta find another engine... gonna be hitting road as a completly stock 125 first of all, she aint had a scoot on road for a few years anyway so no rush for super speed. will be fast eventually tho (mine first)

4. LEE

LEE Member

didnt take long to fill new shed i see
    time to bring back some life in old penelope

5. LEE

LEE Member

wow i just made a ryme lol not intentional

6. typh-gilly-172

typh-gilly-172 New Member

Rides:
    typh-gilly-172
    dnt u wana sell that pipe minor we can do some deals

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    why does everyone ask me if i wanna sell stuff im USING? ive NEVER sold parts on here or ebay.. if i have somthing i have it for a reason.. i dont break bikes up for 1 or 2 parts leaving surplus.

so no it aint for sale.. nor is ANYTHING in ANY project i write up :write:

8. 2stroke-power

2stroke-power Active Member

Rides:
    on 1-wheel
    wait VX forks im baffed all the stick you gave me when i had them on my gilly ...good project i love the old skool seats with piaggio on the side .frames clean a fuck i like it keep us updated

9. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ye i do give people stick, and yes these have been rebuilt an inch shorter wiht heavier oil ;)

10. 2stroke-power

Rides:
    on 1-wheel
    you shorted the stem ,,good work

11. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    nah, well shortend the stem (yet to do) forks themselves are shorter (modded stantions) ill put a pick up of it wiht the wheel on, floorboard sits slightly downwards at the front on the stand ;)

12. adz452

adz452 Member

Rides:
    Vespa T5
    nice shed, could do with something like that

13. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    entire thing (shed base roof door and fixings)was £109 from homebase..... sale is on at the min. spent another 30 or so quid on bits for the base as theres was poo (for what i needed anyway)

14. italjohn

italjohn Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    Looks good so far, Minor.
    Can't wait to see the colour :)

15. Lukash

Lukash Member

Rides:
    SR125
    good shit, looking forward to seeing more

16. gulliver

gulliver Member

i thought you would need a very large garage!!!!!! or would have built the shed. made one out of pallets before, mate copied my idea an still has it 20 yrs later. funny tho as he built a lamby chop in it with a custom sidecar( yea on a chop !! ) but obviously it dint fit out the door so had to take the front end off the shed,we put it back on large hinges which is how it still is, and working. but good going an will like to see more pics of the build an how it goes. good work you do so she will have a nice one at the end of the day im sure. jus dont let her sell it. built a vega yrs ago for the mrs(pink passion it had scrolled on it) but she was scared to ride it so it got sold with less than a 1,000 miles done. was gutted.

17. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    no risk of that... she cant wait to ride the thing (keeps on about a 172)

18. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    172 it! fuck the crank!! Your'll probably build a new engine anyway lol

19. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    still cash id have top find, when its got a perfect 3000k 125 engine. itl last a year if i leave it alone.

hands are fucked, been polishing all day (by hand i might add) will probably get a load of pics tomorrow an throw a polishing guide up. might aswell seing as im doing so much on this one. the joy's of grey skin and shiny ali

20. 2stroke-power

Rides:
    on 1-wheel
    them cranks are fine for bolt on set up ,,had a 1996 typhoon 125 put a 172 carb was fine for years even sold it sill runing .
    anyway bck on topic,what wheels you running nrg ?what year is it ?why not run nrg forks ? fuck it i need to buy a new typh project after my runner .keep us updated