typh carb swap to dellorto

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by Tru, Aug 14, 2013.

1. Tru

Tru Member

Rides:
    piaggo zip 50
    Hey guys just wondering what size/model of dellorto carb is best for my typh as replacing the standard mikuni carb. My typh is standard 125 with just a scorpion pipe and malossi reed block and carbon fiber reeds. Any help would be great.

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I've tried a 20.5mm dellorto carb on one of old my typhoon's with no joy, plenty of adjusting/ jetting. Fitted std carb and it work's spot on perfect!

3. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    Phbl 25mm.... Can use a runner carb, some typhs came with them... But there the same size. Waste of time, bang sommin bigger in there, will notice the diff

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    As far as I'm aware no typhoon 125 was ever fitted with a dellorto carb, the mikuni work's perfect on a std 125 typhoon, my typhoon I sold the other week fitted with a 172 barrel runs great with the mikuni!

5. typhjunky13

typhjunky13 New Member

So has anyone got a standard mikuni I can buy for my typhoon 125 or even a 20.5 dellorto just need to get close to standard as I can will pay good money

6. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    There's a std typhoon 125 carb on Ebay Germany.No. 190829730592. If every thing else is ok on your scooter then this carb will work 100%.

7. typhjunky13

typhjunky13 New Member

Thanks, im going to get that carb soon, I'm gutted I ordered a standard airbox to put on the 25mm dellorto, I'm gonna try some jets for now any ideas on the range I should go, the bike is completely standard, but I do want to configure this carb as I intend to 172 the bike in future and if I intend to sell in future I will sell standard of course

8. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    The std typhoon uses a 82.5 main jet, so somewhere around that size. No bigger than an 86 I'd of thought.

9. typhjunky13

typhjunky13 New Member

Okay thanks this is on the 25mm carb it currently has a 50 main and 50 idle and seems rich tbh it is completely standard

10. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    have a look round on here and on scooter nations. i fitted the 25mm with the pm jet kit and i listed what jets where included and used.

i fitted my 25mm over a year ago i think and its still spot on!!

11. typhjunky13

typhjunky13 New Member

Cheers I can't seem to find it though, do you remember what jet you used with the airbox at all I'm gonna run the same thing standard. Then it's 172 all the way. :D I know once I 172 it I want between a 90 and 100 main jet apparently

12. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    I think I run a 100 on my 172 with stock pipe and stock filter with malossi foam insert

It may be rich but for me it runs lovely and the plug never looks overly fouled, in fact I fitted a spark plug and ran it for 3k with no issues.

With an open filter and sports pipe I ran a 108 which again was spot on

I have a feeling the atomiser was a 45 or something. It's all written on a sheet somewhere in my room il dig it out when I get a chance

13. typhjunky13

typhjunky13 New Member

Okay cheers , that helps a lot I'll be jetting the bike next week I'll post some pics and all that of how it's going, gonna try create a beast 172 by January , will need help setting it up tho , also best place to get a 172 cylinder is ?

14. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    Anywhere they are Almost all the same prices

I choose a pm 172 and have been very happy with the results. My runner is now tucked away and I have a massive parts collection going on for a proper rebuild

15. typhjunky13

typhjunky13 New Member

I hear the malossi one is quite good I will give that a try, and do you have spare parts for sale ?

16. Simonwwfc

Simonwwfc Member

Rides:
    Scomadi 172 cc
    Guys I'm running a 172 with a foam filter and pm59 with a standard carb but it bogs bad low down any ideas wot size main jet should be at present in the 20.5 carb